cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver RFC Adapter -Advance Mode option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I want Execute the commite transaction after Trigeering the Standred BAPI through XI.

We haveAdvance Mode option in Reciver RFC Adapter . Any one explain me how to implment this.

Regards

Upendra.V

Edited by: upendra v on Jan 26, 2009 1:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use this communication channel to call BAPIs as remote-enabled function modules that change data in the database, set the indicator.

If executed successfully, the transaction is written to the database by calling the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT explicitly. If an error occurs, the transaction is rolled back by BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

The result is determined by the value of the field TYPE in parameter RETURN. If successful, the tables are empty and the values u201Cu201D, u201CSu201D, u201CIu201D, and u201CWu201D are displayed. All other values are regarded as errors.

To change this setting, set the indicator BAPI Advanced Mode.

In the Successful RETURN-TYPE Values table, enter the values that should lead to a successful execution.

Above is the explaination from help.sap.com.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Servesh

Thanks you for ur replay. I already gone through the Sap.help.com. I want more clear expalnation like which flag we need select under advacne mode .And what to be done in r/3 side.

Regards

Upendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmmm.. I guess you are just practising & exploring all the featers of RFC.. isn't it?

Anyway upto what I know is here..

>If you want to use this communication channel to call BAPIs as remote-enabled function modules that change data in the database, set the indicator.

First of all you need to write an ABAP program in R3, there you will call your RFC/BAPI to update the database entries.

In XI, under your receiver RFC adapter check the box "Commit Handiling for Single BAPI Calls". Once you click you will get another check box called "BAPI Advanced Mode".

>If executed successfully, the transaction is written to the database by calling the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT explicitly. If an error occurs, the transaction is rolled back by BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

Once you send the data from XI to R3, then in R3 function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT will be called explicitly (you need to define/call this BAPI after the ABAP code for database update). This will commit the work and return the result success or failur in a parameter called RETURN.

And after this BAPI you should call BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK, so that in case of errors the transaction will be rolled back.

>The result is determined by the value of the field TYPE in parameter RETURN. If successful, the tables are empty and the values u201Cu201D, u201CSu201D, u201CIu201D, and u201CWu201D are displayed. All other values are regarded as errors.

As described above.

>To change this setting, set the indicator BAPI Advanced Mode.

In the Successful RETURN-TYPE Values table, enter the values that should lead to a successful execution.

Once you check the box "BAPI Advanced Mode" a table will appear, there you can write your own values e.g.u201Cu201D, u201CSu201D, u201CIu201D, and u201CWu201D.

I can not provide a better solution then this... you have to do a work around, but above are the basic steps which can be considered before implementing the solution.

Regards,

Sarvesh