cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConsole - RF Tx: (LM80) Capture serial numbers, how to deal with ranges?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was wondering if maybe some of you have come across the following challenge and have already found a solution.

At my customer we are implementing R/3 warehouse management (LE-WM). We are going to implement handheld devices for the order pickers to enable them to pick using transport orders (T.O.).

Some of the materials they will pick have serial numbers and need to be registrated after the T.O. has been completed using transaction LM80

As the people will sometimes pick in bulk it is required that they should be able to scan the first and last serial number of a complete range and let the system fill in the blanks.

This is to save time and to be nice to the warehouse people. They would only need to scan 2 times instead of 50 times if they pick a whole pallet.

I would like to know if any of you have already come across this and how you handled this.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Firstly, considering the first and last serial numbers and filling in the rest is good. But the challenges will be as follows:

1. What happens if the difference between the first and last is too huge? The user will see a huge list of numbers.

2. What if some in-between serial numbers are consumed already?

One probable solution can be:

1. The system suggests the unconsumed serial numbers for picking based on the actual quantity that has to be picked.

2. The user can either choose these serial numbers or modify the list with scanning based on actual picks.

The solutions can be many based on the actual way the materials are organized in the warehouse.

Regards,

Dilip

http://www.indience.com (Enterprise Mobile Company)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have decided to just make an additional screen for LM80.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please guide me to add additional screen in LM80, if you have done already ?