Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Debug WD ABAP application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I am having this strange problem suddenly,

I am unable to debug a WD abap appalication.

These are the methods where i put my break point,

INIT method of component controller

HANDLEDEFAULT of Window controller.

Submit event of View controller...

I am able to debug some other component, with break point on the above methods...

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Nadh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you set a startup plug in the Inboubd Plugs Tab of the Window??? And then, in the field "Plug Name" of Web Dynpro Application.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, found the issue my self...

Somebody updated the logon details for the service corresponding to my application, I think that user is not allowed to debug.

Thanks for the help and timely response...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the webdynpro component go for utilities->external breakpoints->activate.

then set the breakpoint.and run the application.if still it does not work then logoff and login then it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you every one for valuable replies. I forgot to update, the reason for this some other thing which I found out from SICF transaction.

Client specified the log-on details to the service corresponding to my application in SICF transaction. I think, it is basis stuff, and the user specified for logon there caused all the problem i still have to investigate the same once i am out from my work.

Removal of the logon data solved my problem...

Thank you all for the replies..

Regards,

Nadh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like its External vs Session break points. Check your ABAP debugger settings UTILITIES -> External Break Points Activate/Deactivate. Just play around a bit with them. Also you can try log off then relogin again.

Mostly after ACTIVATING External break point it should start working on re logon.

Greetings

Prashant

P.S. Points welcome

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SICF, execute->(menu)EDIT->Debugging->Activate Debugging->Give your User ID and execute.

It will definitely work .

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S