Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS FPM: Print Functionality

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created ESS iView using FPM. In ESS screen there is a PRINT button. On click of print button a PDF of printed data (complete ESS iView data is viewed in PDF) is generated.

How to achieve this functionality in ESS (coding from FPM)? Or if any particular setting/ software need to be integrated?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

1) how you can have print functionality in your application

if you are using CE following is the blog by Satyajit Chakraborty explaining it:

/people/community.user/blog/2007/10/01/printing-in-web-dynpro-finally

else you will first have to convert the screen data to a PDF and then print Following is the blog by Prakash Singh.

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/04/05/create-a-pdf-file-using-java

2) Implement print functionality in your application using FPM.

FPM does not provide any print functionality.

Create a VAC component where a print button is provided which will convert your selection to PDF. Now use this component throughout your application

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

The above blog does not provide details for Implementation using FPM.

My requirement is to download the ESS screen content/selections into a PDF file

I am using FPM archiecture.

How to achieve it (using FPM) ?

Edited by: Anmol Kumar on Feb 18, 2009 2:37 PM

Edited by: Anmol Kumar on Feb 20, 2009 2:25 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

FPM is a framework to put all the available views in a roadmap as different steps.

So, to have a print functionality in you application you need to implement it in the one of the component which is common among all you roadmap steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

I think Anmol is asking about the process of implementing the Print Functionality in a application. I am interested in knowing about it. Please explain the process. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

On click of a button in ESS/Self service screen, user should have the ability to download the screen content/selections into a PDF file

The screens are designed using FPM architecture. How to achieve it (using FPM) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Could you be more clear about your question?

Regards,

PG.

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ESS screen, there is a print button. On click of print button the complete ESS screen data should be generated in PDF format (ESS screen -> On click of print button -> PDF screen generated - containing ESS data)

How to achieve this in FPM?