cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody explain me why do we need to create a delivery document when we deliver it to customer whereas we do not need to create a delivery in case if goods are required to be shipped to a storage location and not a customer.

thanks,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Smita

Let me first apprecaiate you for putting a very good question, Delivery document in SAP means that you are doing following activities like picking, packing of material, deciding transport means like truck, trailer etc, doing batch split and so on........... even u know the actual tonnage to be PGIed. however moving material from one location to other location only means that you depleting stock from one location and adding that stock to other point.

I hope that your query has been answered. Revert back.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

former_member839993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery document is created so that stock updation happens properly,once you deliver the sales order, goods get deducted from the client stock(stock value) and goes into customers account.

regards,

US

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because in the days of long ago SAP AG solved this part of sales process via delivery document.

Delivery document in SAP represents a strongest control than stock posting from SLoc to SLoc via MIGO / MB1B.

Please understand that in case of delivering goods to the customer you should be more precise whilest Sloc to Sloc process may mean e.g. that you deliver goods from one building to another that buildings belong to the same factory or you execute goods movement using logical Slocs.

As I see, people who want to have stronger control over their intra-company processes apply to STO with delivery, even if it happens under the same plant.

Using the delivery you can execute WM-picking, you can pack the items and the delivery document will be the base of billing. So, it collects all delivery-related information.

In case of SLoc to SLoc stock transfer you may face difficulties if you would like to create billing document or you would like to do picking before GI.

This is not an "exact explanation", of course, just some thoughts...

Regards,

Csaba