Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering outbound message at external call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all!

We want to realize following scenario:

Because the connection to our external partner isn't available all time the messages that have to be sent to him should be placed in an outbound queue.

As the partner is establishing a connection to our XI (i.e. to send messages to us) the queued outbound messages for him should be triggered.

How can such a scenario be realized? Is it possible to avoid using ccBPM because of performance doubts?

Kind regards,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi klaus,

this link may help tou in delayed XI message processing.

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/01/05/delayed-xi-message-processing

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello jithesh!

Thanks for your answer!

But ... this shows to the same procedure as Michal mentioned (other blog, same theme). It's just covering scheduled not event triggered processing.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Klaus,

maybe you can try event-schedule your messages?

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal!

Thanks for the quick answer!

This just describes - as the XI documentation - the scheduled triggering of messages. This would require that the customer opens his connection at a definite time - this is not practical to us. I need to use an event as an incoming message to trigger my outbound messages...

Further:

The scheduling requires also a customizing of related receivers and so on. The scheduled job doesn't differ between the partners, it's just starting the job for all defined messages at sxmb_adm (Configure Event-Driven Message Processing). So everytime one partner triggers the job, XI tries to send to ALL partners -> all other sending processes will end in an error -> this is not able to be monitored.

Regards,

Klaus