cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDSD 2.1 Synch Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are Implementing ECC 6.0 With MI 7 and MDSD 2.1 for an Ice Cream Business. We have successfully installed the MI Server or you can say the middleware server and deployed the MDSD 2.1 Mobile Application, MI Client and DB2 successfully

As for Backend DSD all the configuration is done. For ALE and IDOC's we have performed the followwing steps

Define a logical system.

Assign the logical system to a client.

define an RFC destination in the DSD Backend/DSD Connector.

define the port in the DSD Backend/DSD Connector.

define cross-system company codes.

define ISO codes for currencies and units of measurements.

define distribution models and distribution views.

You define the process code.

You define the partner profiles in the DSD Backend/DSD Connector.

You assign the IDoc type and message type.

The backend configuration done is for Delivery Driver Role. The problem we are facing that we are not able to synch or send any of the data on the PDA. For a start we are trying to send the customer master using Message types DEBMAS and /DSD/HH/_CUSTMASTEXT, but whenever we try to synch the PDA it give an error there is no tour for the Device. The device is already added in the DSD Connector Cockpit.

So please guide me how to move forward and what is the purpose of SynchBo and first of all how can I send any master data on the MDSD PDA Apllication.

If someone can share his or her experience related to MDSD Application and it processes it would be of great help

Regards,

Faisal

Edited by: Abaper Abaper on Jan 25, 2009 1:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

First you have to check whether all the data u sent is there in connector tables or not...

If you have implemented the DSd at backend...then also read monitoring guide of MDSD and it will tll you which all tables to look for.

main Idoc /DSD/HH_CONTROL( i cannot remember the full/correct name ) has to be sent first.

Idocs create xml file which inturn post data to the tables.

If file name is wrong then though idocs get correctly posted will not yeild data at connector tables.

Kindly go through monitoring guide I am sure it will help you a lot.

regards,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil

Thanks for replying to my thread, will u please guide me or send me a link to the Monitoring Guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go to service.sap.com/instguides

select MDSD--MDSD3.0 and download the Monitoring guide...

its same as 2.1...I cannot see MDSD2.1 monitoring guide.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

You can download the config guide of MDSD21 from the service marketplace. Search for DSD config guide. There are no of steps and configuration you need to carefully follow in the config guide to complete the mobilization of DSD. You need to configure the ALE/IDOC service from DSD Backend to the DSD Connector, with the set of DSD Mobile specific customization. If you want detailed information or direct help on SAP MDSD please get in touch me.

Regards

Anup

http://www.indience.com

http://www.indience.com/index.php/products/mobile-direct-store-delivery.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

How can I get intouch with you directly. Second is it possible that you remote login into my system and check the step i have already performed.Let me give you some detail about that.

2 different logical system being defined one for backend and one for DSD Connector

RFC pointing towards DSD backend for DSD Connector and MI Server for DSD Connector to Mi and RFC on MI for MI to DSD Connector Communication.

Distribution Model Defined for both logical system for Inbound and Outbond Messages Transfer.

○ DEBMAS

○ MATMAS

○ BOMMAT

○ /DSD/HH_CONTROL

○ /DSD/HH_CUSTMASTEXT

○ /DSD/HH_MATMASTEXT

○ /DSD/HH_PAYMMASTEXT

○ /DSD/HH_DRIVERMAST

○ /DSD/HH_TXTDRV

○ /DSD/HH_VEHICMAST

Partner Profiles for both logial system with Inbound and out bound messages setting.

Now when I create the IDOCs for the above mentioned Message types one IDOc is generated for Inbox one for Outox. But the confusion is this how to send it on PDA. Whenever I try to synch the PDA it issues a Message No Tour Available for the Device . First thing first how to replicate the Master Data on the PDA. Is it necessary to define a tour for the device for replicating Master Data.

The option of Manual upload on PDA is grayed out. Can you tell me how to activate this option

What is the function Synch Bo and the Bapi Wrappers attached to every Synch bo type. We have generted the synch bo with MEREP_SBUILDER.

Waiting for your Reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could contact me at the email address mentioned at my sdn business card.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/bc?u=wpz4uqrp4znpvr6gbylemg%3d%3d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akhil thanks for this help . Highly Appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anup I have added you on Gtalk. Now I am going to send you two docs. One is having the detail of the config i did and one has the detail of processes.