Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Plz. help me out in configuring the scenario

My client had two plants one at Bangalore and the other at Mumbai.

If we rise the sales order from Bangalore Plant, the system should automatically trigger purchase requisition as we procure the goods from third party. And at the same time when we rise the sales order from Mumbai Plant, purchase requisition should not trigger as the goods are readily available at Mumbai Plant.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a challenging scenario

See the PR requisition automatically generated on saving the sales order is triggered from Schedule line category controls

For third party we will have schedule line triggered as CS which has order type as NB(which really triggers PR) and item category as Third party and Account assignment category as X which really controls the whole scenario

My Suggestion

While creating the material for plant Bangalore in MM01 you should have the entire third party settings like for item category group as BANS in sales org 2 data and in the purchasing data Automatic PO ticked like the entire third party settings

While creating the material for plant Mumbai in MM01 you should have the entire Normal settings like for item category group as NORM in sales org 2 data

In CMR and MMR dont maintain the delivering plant

In MMR at sales org data 1 dont maintain delivering plant

In MMR have different MRP types or bangalore plant and mumbai plant while creating MM01

Because this MRP type along with the item category triggers schedule line category

While creating the sales order you have to manually input the plant in the shipping data of item details

You should make customizations so that if you input bangalore plant the item cat triggered should be TAS and if you put Mumbai plant the item cat triggered is TAN

I feel this is possible by customization (right now i dont have access to SAP otherwise i would have tried out this whole process)

Pls try whether these suggestions are working put?

Have you tried this?

When creating the material in MM01 for plant bangalore item category group as BANS and its subsequent settings will trigger PR

When creating the material in MM01 for plant mumbai item category group as NORM and its subsequent settings will not trigger PR and the same should be a normal process

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

As others have pointed out,you have two options available.

One, you can go for two sales documents types and for sales document for Bangalore plant, you can give the settings for third party like item category TAS (In VOV4),Schedule line CS( in VOV5) etc

Two, if you dont want to have two document types , then create material in Mumbai plant using item category group NORM( Standard Item) in Sales org 2 data. now extend this material to Bangalore plant, but use the item category group BANS (Third Party Item).

Now in sales order when you enter the plant manually, the corresponding item category is determined and in case of Bangalore plant purchase requisition is triggered.

One more way is to manually change the item category TAN to TAS when you are creating the sales order from Bangalore plant.In this case you can have same material in both plants(ie, same item category group NORM). But make sure that you have have maintained manual item category TAS for the particular sales document type and item category group in VOV4

ORNORMno usage+no High level item category = TAN TAS

Hope this helps

regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively to what Mr.Ramanathan raju has said, you can also try this way.

Create two sales documents type(in VOV8) for Sales Order like,

1. For Bangalore - ZBOR

2. For Mumbai - ZMOR,

Now in VOV4, Determination of Item category you can maintain the combination as

ZBORNORMno usage+no higher level item category = TAS(maintain it as default item category)

ZMORNORMno usage+no higher level item category= TAN(maintain it as default item category).

Maintain the respective plants in MMR and do not maintain Plant in CMR.

Try with this customizing settings, and update the same.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

My Requirement is the Material is same for both the plants.

If a customer places an order from Bangalore Plant, System should generate Purchase Requisition and if he places from Mumbai Plant this should not happen.

former_member839993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maitain two separate document types for Bangalore and mumbai plants, with these document types your item categories and scheduline categories are linked.

for Bangalore plant have scheduline category as CB and for Mumbai you can assign CP/CV/CN.

Hope this helps you.

regards,

US