cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISASTER RECOVERY -- SAP ERP 6.0 NW 7.0 ORACLE 10G AIX 5.2 ABAP+JAVA --

0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus.

I have the following SAP System:

SAP ERP 6.0 IS INSTALLED AS DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM .

Installed Usage Types:

Abap + Java Add-In

ECC 6.0 (Enterprise Central Component)

PI : Process Integration.

Node One: SAP Application Host.

SAP Application ERP 6.0 SPS 13. based on Netweaver 7.0

Node Two: Database Instance.

Database Instance: ORACLE 10.2.0.2.0

Backup Tools.

u2022 I am not using BRTOOLS

u2022 Sap Application: Tivoli (IBM Tool) Backup System.

u2022 Oracle Database Instance: RMAN Backups.

Required Implementation

Disaster Recovery Server for SAP Production System:

u2022 One Host machine in separate building.

u2022 Different Ip Address

u2022 Different Host Name.

QUESTIONS:

1. How to restore both components (without use BRTOOLS) SAP Application and Database Instance

in the DR Host in the fastest way without changing manually the ip address, host name in ABAP &

JAVA parameter files, Instance Profiles ?

2. Can I use the same SID for the SAP Application in DR server ?

3. Can I use the same DBID and DB name in DR Server ?

4. How can I implement Standby Database Solution?

5. How can I synchronize from Production Site SAP Application files (instance profiles, Java

configuration files, binary files, etc?) to Disaster Recovery Site?

6. Do I need to purchase new SAP ERP 6.0 license for DR Server ?

7. Do I need to purchase additional license for ORACLE 10G in DR Server ?

8. Do I need to purchase additional license for ORACLE DATA GUARD 10G. ?

Thanks for your feedback.

MCM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Easiest way is to virtualize your application by using virtual hostname during installtion (SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME). The appliaction is independent of the hostname and you just have to create softlinks for the environment files with the real hostnames to virtual hostname files in your primary & DR servers.

2) We also use NAS replication feature for syncing SAP application files to the DR site.

-Regards

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alembert,

ok let's start.

> 1. How to restore both components (without use BRTOOLS) SAP Application and Database Instance in the DR Host in the fastest way without changing manually the ip address, host name in ABAP &JAVA parameter files, Instance Profiles ?

The easiest way is to use a network alias in all profiles or configurations (SAP instance and database) and make a symbolic link of the sap profiles and environments from the DR host to the original host. So in a restore case you just have to switch the network alias via DNS. For the restore itself the fastest way is a snapshot technology of your storage subsystem. But this information is missing so we can not make some good sugestions.

> 2. Can I use the same SID for the SAP Application in DR server ?

Yes.

> 3. Can I use the same DBID and DB name in DR Server ?

Yes.

> 4. How can I implement Standby Database Solution?

It depends on your budget. Oracle Data Guard is a nice and good solution in my opinion.

> 5. How can I synchronize from Production Site SAP Application files (instance profiles, Java configuration files, binary files, etc?) to Disaster Recovery Site?

You can use rsync. With the right parameters you can only sync the changed files.

> 6. Do I need to purchase new SAP ERP 6.0 license for DR Server ?

No, but you have to get an additional license key, because the hardware id will differ.

> 7. Do I need to purchase additional license for ORACLE 10G in DR Server ?

> 8. Do I need to purchase additional license for ORACLE DATA GUARD 10G. ?

I will quote the statement from SAP, because of i have asked the same question to the support:

"The oracle data guard feature is included in the oracle license (if you purchase it from SAP - Oracle Enterprise Edition). Oracle does not have a special license option for the data guard. So if you purchase the oracle license from SAP you are allowed to use Oracle Data Guard."

Regards

Stefan