cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing list - Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody pls give tell me how to configure PACKING LIST & BILL OF LADING in Export process

as well as how to take output.

thanks,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay

In exports, Bill of Lading is a document which is prepared and issued by Shipping Agent and it again has to be forwarded to overseas customer by the exporters. Hence, I dont think, configuration is required for Bill of Lading.

May be for Packing List you need to develop a table copying LIKP and LIPS and you need to also develop some additional fields. The logic can be in such a way that once the delivery reference is key in and executed, following datas needs to be maintained by the end user.

- Quantity despatched

- Quantity packed in one box / gunny bag / crate / pallet

- Gross Weight and Net Weight of each box / pallet etc

- Total number of master box / pallets

Here you can automate the quantity despatched from LIPS table and also the gross weight and net weight if possible. In some cases, I know that the gross weight and net weight may not tally exactly with physical packing especially in retail exports where the materials would have been packed assortedly. So that in that case, this field can also make as an editable field.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

Is this Packing list is same as Packaging in SD. ?

thanks,

Akshay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay

No there is a difference between these two.

In exports shipments, exporters has to file with Customs an export invoice and packing list. Export invoice will have details like who is consignee and who is the buyer, material code, unit price, net value and export obligation declaration if any. Packing List will have total gross weight and net weight of the export cargo, each item how it is packed, what quantity is packed and at in what dimension. Exporters are to show clearly these details in their packing list.

For example, if I am exporting some products which are packed in 4 Pallets, my packing list should show the break up which would be

Pallet No.::::::Matrl:::::Each Pallet contains:::::Size / Dimension::::NetWt of each Plt:::::Gr.Wt of each Plt

1:::::::::::::::::::ABC:::::::::::::100:::::::::::::::::::::::::100X86X87:::::::::::::::::500:::::::::::::::::::::::::550

2:::::::::::::::::::ABC:::::::::::::100:::::::::::::::::::::::::100X86X87:::::::::::::::::500:::::::::::::::::::::::::550

3:::::::::::::::::::DEF:::::::::::::100:::::::::::::::::::::::::100X86X87:::::::::::::::::250:::::::::::::::::::::::::300

4:::::::::::::::::::DEF:::::::::::::100:::::::::::::::::::::::::100X86X87:::::::::::::::::250:::::::::::::::::::::::::300

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)