cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP basis vs netweaver certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

what is the differance between SAP Basis Administrator & SAP netweaver administrator. I am very confuse because i have experiance on both SAP netweaver & SAP basis both. Now, i want to go for certification. which certification i sholud go for ?

thanks in advance.

Ankit Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

From personal experience, I can tell you that the NetWeaver Admin experience also contains the Java administration part. So, be prepared for questions about NWA, transports in Java, CMS, ...

The Basis certification only includes the ABAP administration part.

Best regards,

George

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

there is no difference:

The Core of an SAP R/3 was called Basis (German word for "foundation, principle, common ground"), therefore the System Administrator Team was called Basis-Team.

Today, this core application is called "SAP NetWeaver Application Server".

So it's just stupid old tradition that the SAP NetWeaver AS System Manager sometimes still is called Basis-Admin. And therefore, out of this tradition, the NetWeaver-AS-System-Management-Certification sometimes is still called Basis-Administration-Certification...

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Can you tell me if there is an SAP "Basis Certification" for a system landscape (not an individual) and where would I find information about it?

Thanks for your input

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

As you r experienced (as u said ) with both , you should have no room for any confussion about what r the subjects either of the fields deals with.

Basis is related to SAP set , maintenance etc....... kind of system admin job.

while netweaver is a software and system development.

It depends on your choice which field will you choose in future.

If your question meant for future job prospect ( I am not sure ... just gess), then be cool, as both have good prospect.

Anirban