SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing assigned budget from commitment item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am facing a problem with how to restructure commitment item in our R3 system. The problem is that when the commitment item has been created in our system, person responsible chose "Not Directly Postable" option though it should have been "Directly Postable". Right after that budget has been assigned to this commitment item. I went through a number of FM documents and they all say that feature "postable"/"not postable" is not changeable to begin with and on the top of that commitment item cannot be changed once it has any kind of budget assigned to it. As I understand I need to roll back assigned budget (thank God, nothing else has been done), then delete this commitment item, then create it again. I couldn't find anything that explains how to do that. There is a Tcode FMDOCREV but it reverses the whole document and this is not an option for us as by the same document budgets have been assigned to a number of commitment items and spent from them already.

To summarize my post: I need to remove assigned budget for my commitment item (the rest seems to be easy).

Please, advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Nazim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check transaction FM9X. It has some limitations but it might help you removing budget from a single commitment item.

Regards,

Bernardo

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you can use this work around solution:

1. create a direct postable and budgetable CI

2. in BCS derivation tool, replace the old CI with the new CI when applicable

3. in FMDERIVE, add the new CI to the applicable derivation rules

4. transfer the budget from the old CI to the new CI using FMBB.

If your FM master data is year-dependent, you have the option of use back the old CI by checking the postable indicatior for the new FY.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Well, I thought about it as well but in this particular case this is not something that can be done. Those commitment items reflect overall structure of the state budget of the country and they are pretty much set accordingly with the state laws etc. At the end of the year there will number of questions in the reports etc.

I have to find other ways to fix this issue.

I find it hard to believe that there are no ways to deal with this kind of problem.

0 Kudos

That is a challenging case. One thing is for sure, the attributes of the CI can not be changed once there are postings.

Have you thought about using the old CI as a node and creating a subodinate postable CI? Reporting at the node level will have both budget and commitment/actual data. This could be a possible solution if the mandated budget structure allows that little variation.

0 Kudos

Thank you Minghong Ji!

Well, I brought up this kind of solution but the Ministry of Finance does not seem to be thrilled with it.

This is the kind of proposal that will have to be discussed on the very top level. It usually takes time. Meanwhile budget organizations with assigned funds can't spend their money and I am trying to hold back others from posting to this CI.

Situation is getting desperate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check transaction FM9X. It has some limitations but it might help you removing budget from a single commitment item.

Regards,

Bernardo

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernardo!

I had done so before I posted on this forum. In our quality system I ran FM9X as it seemed to be a perfect fit in my situation "Deleting budget data for a commitment item". I can't tell you why but data entered with Tcode FMBB for this particular commitment item is still there. I have to say that it got me a bit puzzled.

Anyway, the problem is still there.

0 Kudos

Hi Nazim,

I can answer that question. FM9X is to delete budget in 'Former Budgeting'. You are now using BCS with different set of tables.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming.

It is true that FM9X must be using different set of tables. In SPRO when I follow the path to get to FM9X it sits under 'Former Budgeting". How come SAP provides this kind of capability under former budgeting and nothing like that in the current one?

Still in search of the solution.

0 Kudos

I wouldn't want to leave this forum without explaining what kind of solution we have come up with.

After exhausting all other alternatives we used functional module FM_COMITEM_UPDATE_MD to correct CI from "not directly postable" to "directly postable". SAP suggests it as a solution in certain cases and I believe this was one of them.

That's about it.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Regards,

Nazim