Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP BOM Creation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am not albe to create DP BOM(PPMs) from SNP PPMs.This is the scenario:

I have end item A which is made of B and C .For this bom there is SNP PPM as PPM_1.

Again B has bom component as D and E.For this bom there is SNP PPM as PPM_2.

All material A,B,C,D and E has SDP relevance value in properties tab of product master is defined as blank which means that these product can be used in DP.

CVC of DP has only one value for material A.

Case 1>Now when i am trying to create cvc for material A I am getting following result.

I LOCATION1 B PPM_A_LOC1 TEST TEST TEST TEST

I LOCATION1 C PPM_A_LOC1 TEST TEST TEST TEST

O LOCATION1 A PPM_A_LOC1 TEST TEST TEST TEST

I LOCATION1 D PPM_B_LOC1 TEST TEST TEST TEST

I LOCATION1 E PPM_B_LOC1 TEST TEST TEST TEST

O LOCATION1 B PPM_B_LOC1 TEST TEST TEST TEST

Is it the right behavior for creating CVC for DP bom.

As per my understanding it should create only one output material for A and all other component will be as input material(single level bom).

Case 2> When we are generating automatic DP PPMs from SNP PPM then we are not able to find any entry in CVC.

Please let me know that where things are getting wrong ?

Regards

Ashish Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Scenario 1 you are getting exactly the expected result from the standard software. I know what you want to occur but there is no functionality within the CVC merge process that explodes BOM relationships so that multi level relationships are represented in a single level. If you want A to be an output, then you need to create your DP PPM such that C, D and E are the inputs (and yes, you lose visibility to B in the middle).

Options exist, which I've alluded to already, buts let us list them out:

1> Create your DP PPM as described above.

2> Use a bADI within the merge process to achieve the same result.

3> Do not use the merge process and manually assign the 3 characteristics to the CVC (via the updating of the cube).

I have taken deep-dive into this question for our business needs and option 3 gives us the most control with the least coding in the SCM system.

For Scenario 2, I do not use the automatic creation of DP PPM from SNP PPM. The structural layout of a DP PPM is so simple and basic that it is easier to just call the BAPI from a simple ABAP program and maintain the DP PPM without relying on the conversion program. (Now, for SNP PPM, I do use the conversion from PPDS PPM, but that is a totally different story).