cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not run the Wizard - Beta 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've recently downloaded beta 2.0 of the .NET connector for SAP. I've uninstalled my original 1.0 version and then installed the new version. The samples have started up fine (once i changed the login destination) and connected and displayed the data.

However trying to add a new proxy class i receive an error:

"could not run the 'c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\vc#\csharpprojectitems\localprojectitems\..\sapproxywizard.vsz' Wizard"

Anybody else had this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've had the same problem after installing the SAP .NET connector V 2.0. I used the regsvr32 command and I stopped getting the error message when adding a new SAPProxy class.

However, I do not get the wizard started, the SAPProxy simply gets added and I must configure its properties using Server Explorer.

Is there a way to open the wizard when adding a new Proxy class with SAP connector 2.0?

Thanks!

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no Wizard in Version 2.0. Please read FAQ (available where you download the setup package).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I can commit the same - greetings to Anton. I just wonder why everybody assumes programs must be installed to drive C. (Anton's hint works fine with drive D as well).

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see the .NET Connector proxy designer if you double click one of the sample's .sapwsdl files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i click on the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl file in the CSClientCompanyBAPI sample project the design pane comes up with all the graphical objects (e.g. companycodeid, getperiod etc).

However if i try to add a new SAPProxy class by right clicking on the project and saying "add new item" i get the message as above.

Looks as if Visual Studio can't find the wizard file. This is the same as when i start a brand new project. Note that the new Server Explorer tree view works fine.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok (the question was only to make sure that the VSIP package is not disabled - we had this once).

Can you please check that you have a "SAPProxyWizard.vsz" file in directory

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC#\CSharpProjectItems"

It's content should be

VSWIZARD 7.0

Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.7.1

Param="WIZARD_NAME = SAPClass"

Param="WIZARD_UI = FALSE"

Param="PROJECT_TYPE = CSPROJ"

Also make sure that you have the following directory:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC#\VC#Wizards\SAPClass"

with "Scripts" and "Templates" subdirectories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I have just checked and both the files and directories exist.

Any more ideas? It looks basically like the path being used to access the .vsz file is invalid. I might try an uninstall and reinstall shortly

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hm, might be that there is something broken with the .NET Connector or Visual Studio installation.

Please try uninstalling NCo. Then make sure that no rests of it are left in "c:\Program Files\SAP", "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2003\Common7\IDE" and GAC are left and reinstall.

If reinstallation NCo doesn't help,

you might try the following commands from the VS command prompt:

"devenv /resetskippkgs"

regasm "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\VSLangProj.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\vcpackages\csproj.dll"

(All commands are not critical and just reregister some entries in the registry.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem with SAP .NET Connector v2.0 (final) - error message "Could not run the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC#\CSharpProjectItems\LocalProjectItems\..\SAPProxyWizard.vsz' Wizard" when I try to generate a proxy using "Add New Item" in the project.

I had v1.2 installed before, uninstalled it, removed SAP.Connector assembly from the GAC (I placed it there for my convenience), rebooted, installed v2.0 and have this error (even after more reboots).

Does anyone else have this? What is the suggested way of solving this problem?

With many thanks,

Anton Maslo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, got it working after executing the command:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\vcpackages\csproj.dll"

Too bad I only found this in the announcing web-log, and not in the release notes of 2.0.

I hope this will help anyone else with similar symptoms.

Regards,

Anton Maslo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i had the same problem and the Anton's command works fine, thanks to him