cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure STMS before applying SP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Why we need to Configure STMS before applying Support Packs??What is the relation of STMS with Support Packs application??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi scott,

support packs are used to update the present sap system.

stms is used make connections between the sap systems.

i don't think it is mandatory to configure tms before applying support packs.( correct me if i am wrong).

but the important thing is that we configure tms at the starting of the implementation and configure the TDC and then apply the support packs to all the sap systems .

to check the consistency of the sap systems when ever we send a T request to the DEV, QAS or PRD systems.

regards,

bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

STMS is mandatory before applying support packages. If you have not configured STMS you are not allowed to import support packages.

I hope you have noticed while applying support packages there are many phases like test import,DDIC activation,main port and so on.

Only by transport request the support packages are applied in SAP. You can verify the same in Support packages log. Even if you want to check the same at OS level you can get more details in trans log. It means SP can be applied only using transport request.

I will list out the actions while applying SP.

2. Create cofile from datafile

3. CMD Import

4. Process Object list (All components listed)

5. tp user check ok

6. Add-on (All components listed)

7. SPDD_SPAU_CHECK

8. Compling SAP

9. tp user check ok

10. DD Import

11. DD Activation

12. Distribution of DD-Objects

13. TBATG Convention of DD-Objects

14. MOVE NAME TABS

15. MAIN IMPORT

16. Execution of Reports After Put.

So If you configure STMS only it will create co and data file.

I hope you would have clear understanding

Regards

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To make it simple.... A SP is basically a huge transport so STMS need to be configured.

Regards

Juan