cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting started with ES Explorer for .Net - access to ES workplace back end

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have been asked to exchange data between our .Net application and several prospective SAP user companies.

we read Consuming SAP Enterprise Services with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 - take it ESE !

and it seems to be a great fit with our needs and we are very excited about the possibilities it presents to us.

However, we are not an SAP customer, so we need to know how to get access to an SAP back end system for testing.

I also read Enabling the .NET community, but I do not think we are ready to spend $4500+ for certification until we are further along in this process.

It looks like there is no free way to try this, but that we could get a development subscription to get started.

Do we need toget a SDN Software Subscriptions -they seem to apply to java oriented developers not .Net developers (but have access to back end system). there are two:

NetWeaver Composition License -$520

NetWeaver Development License- $1170

Is the Composition subscription adequate to allow us to start building and testing with the SAP ES EXPLORER FOR .NET and get us access to the ES workplace backend?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cypress,

you can request access to the ES Discovery System here at SDN, you can sign up at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/soareg, this gves you access to the ES Workplace from SAP and allows you to use the ESE and the Enterprise Services Registry for doing some proof of concept work.

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but that registration does not work if I am only a basic SDN member.

I recevied an email that I am a P-user (public?). "Only employees, customers and partners of SAP are supposed to get ES Workplace access. We require to logon with an D, I, S or C number when applying. Partners and customers are supposed to have C or S user."

So, back to my orginal question - if I am a developer, what developer account to I need (or buy) to do .Net development with the ES Explorer for .Net. All SDN subscriptions discuss Java develoment and offer to send me lots of software I will never use or need as a .Net developer.