cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Access page is loading in CUP with user Login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a weird issue in CUP. I clicked on the request access page and logged in with a test account. This user account does not have any access to AE actions/roles and through this account I am placing a request ( new account creation at the backen)

http://stdsapdb01.fmmi.local:50000/AE/index.jsp

When I click on the New Account link, I see the task progress symbol but it remains like that forever and the request page never shows up. The behaviour is the same for all request types.

We were working on GRC AC 5.3 SP0 and this functionality was working fine. But after we upgraded to SP05, I am facing this issue. Is this a side effect of SP05?

Appreciate your suggestions ASAP ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siri,

Please follow the upgrade guide. What does the filename say? If the filename contains clearn and insert then there you can go ahead and do 'Clean and insert'. If the filename contains append then go ahead and upload the file using 'append' option.

This should solve the problem. Once you are done, please restart the server and try again.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your response.

I uploaded the xnl files related to AE as per the upgrade guide and restarted the GRC server. However, I am still not able to click on new request/change request/ any request type.

However, when the user has approver/admin privileges then all the CUP tabs gets populated and I am able to click on create request on the left navigation pane.

Does the requestor need any special actions/privileges? I dont see any role in AE for the requestor and I have not assigned any actions so far. But do we need to assign any action (AE) so that the request page will get populated.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

The issue is resolved. We had the Java instance restart again and the xml config files for CUP 5.3 SP05 took effect.

Thanks for your suggestions. I am closing this thread.

Thanks

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

This is wierd. Have you uploaded initial data xml files? Also try bouncing your server and test the scenario again.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have not uploaded the xml file that comes with Sp05.

But this could be the fix. However, if I do a clean & insert of the new xml file, will my configuration be affected i.e workflow, request type, RAR integration config etc..?

Thanks

Siri