cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter u2013 How to Handle 40 MB Data!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working File to File Scenario, working fine for below 10 MB file. But I am getting 40 MB file, its failing.

Is there any chance to process the 40 MB file from Source to Target file..

I check the SDN form, its say that Record set per message, we can do.

I increase the size of message

Go to SXMB_ADM ->Configuration of the integration engine -> Tuning ->

parameter : EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT = 40000

But its not workingu2026.

Could you please guide me step by step?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The maximum file size that can be processed by the File Adapter depends on a number of factors:

1. The most important one is the size of the Java heap, which is shared among all messages processed at a certain point in time. In order to be able to process larger messages without an out of memory error (OOM), it is recommended to increase the size of the available Java heap and/or to reduce the concurrency in the system so that fewer messages are processed in parallel.

2. Another factor negatively influencing the maximum message size in releases up to and including XI 3.0 SP 13 is an enabled charcter set (encoding) conversion if the message type is set to "Text".

Using the transport protocol "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)" also uses more memory for processing than the transport protocol "File System (NFS)" (up to and including XI 3.0 SP 13).

3. If the Message Protocol "File Content Conversion" is used in a File Sender channel, consider that not only the size of the input file affects the File Adapter's memory usage, but even more the size of the XML resulting from the conversion, which is usually a few factors larger than the original plain text file.

4. To reduce the memory consumption in this scenario, consider configuring the setting "Maximum Recordsets per Message" for the sender channel. This will cause the input file to be split into multiple smaller mesages.

Try the 4th option for your scenario.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response,

I set up Record set per message = 4.

But its not working..

What is JAVA Heap...

Thanks,

ANU

Edited by: ANU K on Jan 26, 2009 5:01 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But its not workingu2026.

What is not working? Have you tried Recordset per message option. What is happening in that case.

Regards,

Prateek

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which step did you fail in ?

you may need to increase your heap size of your j2ee engine. Tune the parameters with SAP Note 723909

Cheers,

Aaron

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you investigate the possibilities of breaking down the message in the mapping in to multiple messages? I do not think processing a 40 MB file is good for the system performance.

VJ