cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consignment return posting error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

we had a customer consignment returned. The outbound delivery has been GI'd completely and the material document also shows that the appropriate quantity has been added to our plant. But when i go back to MMBE the quantity still shows under the customer consignment instead of our storage location.

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Araya,

Please check SAP online help what consignment return means:

Consignment returns are used for when your customer wants to return goods to the consignment stock.

If the customer wishes to claim on consignment goods which have already been issued, you can record this transaction by creating a consignment return order (order type KR). As a result, the system carries out the following actions:

- When goods issue is posted, the relevant quantity is added to the customeru2019s special stock at the plant where the goods are returned

- Since the ownership of the goods is passed from the customer back to your company, the transaction is relevant for billing. In this case, the customer receives a credit memo for the returned goods.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/dd/55ffe4545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

If you want to move the consignment stock (special stock at your customer) back to your SLoc, you should use consignemnt pick-up:

When goods issue is posted, the relevant quantity is deducted from the customeru2019s special stock and is added back into your regular stock at the plant where the goods are returned.

Please take care when you read the online help because consignment issue and consignement pick up titles are mixed (focus on the text itself).

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 23, 2009 10:02 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

heaps sorry for getting all mixed up.

Thanks for all your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and the movement type used is 632 special stock W

Former Member
0 Kudos

whoops...looked at a different order...

the order type is KA-consignment pick up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order type is KB-consignment fill.

yes i do see the goods movement in MB51 too but i dont see the same reflecting in MMBE.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we had a customer consignment returned. The outbound delivery has been GI'd completely and the material document also shows that the appropriate quantity has been added to our plant. But when i go back to MMBE the quantity still shows under the customer consignment instead of our storage location.

We did a consignment pickup

The order type is KB-consignment fill.

We already spoke about:

1. Consignemnt return

2. Consignemnt pick-up

3. Consignemnt fill-up

Your latest information is that the GI was posted in connection with a consignment fill-up. In this case SAP works properly if you see the stock in the special stock segment of customer consignemnt.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean without any TO to be created manually. (I know a transfer posting will be initiated automatically as and when the GI is completed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Csaba.

I think i didnt get my wording right. Sorry about that

We did a consignment pickup and a delivery for the same, and henceforth a GI. According to the GI document the appropriate quantity should be in our plant but for some reason it still shows under customer consignment in MMBE.

I believe that as and when the GI is completed the stock should automatically come into our plant without any TO being created. Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards/Aryan

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transfer order in WM has nothing to do with this.

1. What is the order type of your sales order?

2. Can you see the goods movement in MB51? What is the movement type?

Regards,

Csaba