SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Maintenance for Characteristic values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a Mass Maintenance for Characteristics value in IS-R? If not has anybody implemented something like this in a project? We would like to change the value of a characteristic for several articles at once.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is nothing like that that I know of... Usage of standard classification system tools (transaction CLMM) is also not an option - class type 026 and table MARAT are not easiliy handled there.

In one project I have developed an ABAP tool for this - able to change only one characteristic at a time (you select the characteristic, its new value, and the articles in the selection screen).

It uses BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT to post the changes, so is pretty safe, but performance might not be perfect.

regards

Krzysztof

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

>

> is there a Mass Maintenance for Characteristics value in IS-R? If not has anybody implemented something like this in a project? We would like to change the value of a characteristic for several articles at once.

Yes, you can change it via MM42, the BAPI or an IDOC.

We do not support CLMM.

If you need a special solution, please open an customer message with your business requirement.

Changing informative characteristics is not an issue.

But for variant creating characteristics, it is more complex.

There exists some special transaction to do it.

Please be aware, that in Retail the characteristic values impacts business processes......

0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

Here we have a requirement to create a set of informative characteristcs with a set of characteristics values. I tried using a LSMW and BDC but its not working out.

You told in this message that informative characterisics is not an issue.

Kindly suggest the method to create the same through a mass upload program or transaction.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krzysztof, hi Björn,

thank you very much for your answers. I think the options you named will do it. If we have further problems, I'll post it here.

Regards,

Tobias