SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed in Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Can any one help me..

we have a scenario, Customer Moved In to the property bellow 15 days of the scheduled billing date, Billing run should not happen. How to stop Billing?

Regards,

KK

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

First thing that comes into my mind is to have an ABAP program which loops through ETRG table (billing orders) and reads the move-in date of the contract. If this is bellow 15 days of scheduled billing date then the billing order should be deleted to prevent billing.

There could be some standard customising for this process in CS or DM but I'm not aware of it.

Another aproach is to test the number of days in billing period and the move in date within the rate steps and end the billing with an error (use variant program UTILIT99). Then you can create a case in BPML for this error message and a user would manually delete the billing order for this contract. Or you can create an ABAP function module which would be executed automatically when the case in BPML is created and deletes the billing order. This would give you also a traceability of which billing orders has been deleted!

Regards,

Daniel Toba

[www.sap-isu.net|http://www.sap-isu.net]

sap isu social network

0 Kudos

Thanks..

Could you provide more details for second option and how to use UTILIT99 variant in schema.

I appreciate your answer

With Best Regards....KK

0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I got the solution by using user exit EDMSUPBI, I put logic as per my requirement Meter reading and Billing orders are suppressed.

Thanks ALL.............KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following Variant Programs

IF09

COMPUT20

UTILIT99

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try meter reading interval in meter reading unit:

Period in which only one meter reading and the related billing are to be carried out.

The meter reading interval is entered in the meter reading unit.

If there is already a meter reading order or result in the interval, the system suppresses the order with the lowest-priority meter reading reason.

Customizing the priority: Device-Management -> Meter Reading -> Meter Reading Order -> Order Creation -> Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading

The reason for move-in needs a higher prio.

Regards

Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To prevent Billing for this client enter Bill.Blck.Reas(Billing block Reason) on the Contract level in master data. Reasons for blocking customizing under Contract Billing->Billing Execution->Automatic billing and simulation->Billing Blocks->Define Reasons for billing blocking.

Also you can try to cusomize Move-in process and look at Customer Service->Process Execution->Move-In/Out->Define system parameters for Move-in/Move-out

Regards,

Serg