cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Cancel Message after error detected in Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a message mapping that does some validation on data from sender (file) and if not valid, the mapping errors out as I generate an alert. Production support then manually cancels the message from SXMB_MONI.

My question is: Is there a way to cancel the message automatically as soon as the alert is generated instead of the additional manual step for Production support personnel to do it.

Thanks

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I strongly take the side of Michal. I hate people who use weird nick names on the forum. Never put it out on the forums.. but I dont see a reason why someone should hide their own identity here. In fact, according to me identification in SAP forums is itself a privilege. Getting help from other or helping other is never inferior, rather shows one's interest in learning and helping.

VJ

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Per standard functionality of PI, it is expected to have error handling/actions taken on messages in error. so to have the messages cancelled auto. will not be possible with standard SAP function.

You may customize a auto-reaction method + Interface alert to achieved. but you will own the risk yourself.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Aaron

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janmes Bond,

>Is there a way to cancel the message automatically as soon as the alert is generated

not in standard but I'm sure Q can help you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(James_Bond)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

did not expect a crack from you, michal.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can schedule background job RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES with a periodic value as per your requirement.

thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>did not expect a crack from you, michal.

I just hate when people use fake nicknames on the forum

which is highly unprofessional - are you affraid of something ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Edited by: Michal Krawczyk on Jan 23, 2009 11:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

michal,

your response shows your prejudiced approach and a sense of arrogance. any person looking at this thread would have expected you to respond to the issue/problem discussed, if you so choose, rather than speculate on which name or nickname appeared on it. Again, you are not expected to respond at all if it troubles you to do so, one can be neutral in this world you know than always take a stand that could hurt others.

anyway good luck in your attitudes.

jb

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>any person looking at this thread would have expected you to respond to the issue/problem discussed,

in case you didn't notice I gave you the best answer I got - "it's not possible in standard" - short, maybe sad but true - all the rest is development

which is possible and you can do EVERYTHING with it as you may or may not know

>speculate on which name or nickname appeared on it

don't know if you noticed but in case you didn't I'm a moderator of this forum

so I try to keep it both: 1) clean and 2) healthy which means:

1) if there is someone who's is affraid to tell his own name it means two things for me:

a) either he/she was blocked on forums and come back with a different name

b) is so highly valued prof (in his mind) that wishes not to show his real name

as others might find out that he/she does not know something

in both cases I'm always very carefull with such forum members

(only as a moderator) as I cannot expect anything good from it

which is actually true in your case as you don't expect our forum

*rules of engagement * for example:

Step 4: Thank Others by Giving Points

and you never gave points .... none of your

34 questions was ever awarded by you with even one point

so who is playing fair ?

2)

if someone who has a funny nick cannot understand a little joke

then I honestly don't care and it has nothing to do with my arrogance

>your response shows your prejudiced approach and a sense of arrogance.

please, let other people who read this judge on that, ok?

and let's not continue this anymore

anyway good luck in your attitudes too

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I know you are one of the moderators, which is precisely why I was surprised with your earlier response. If as a moderator, you did not like what/how I posted on this board, you could have said so directly. Regarding my previous posts, I have awarded points for all the questions which were answered and/or helpful just as the point system emphasizes. In fact, I have awarded you as well (as an example, please see the thread titled "Dynamic activation of communication channel"; for an example of me awarding for someone other than you, please see the thread "Random number"). I have always raised questions on this board only as a means of finding if there are more efficient ways of doing things. I know that everything is possible the hard way, but there might be an easier way I have overlooked. I have been posting for a few years so just by checking my history on this board you could have eliminated the possibility that I was banned or something like that. In fact, you yourself has answered my posts from years ago and never raised any issue about my name before. Could it be possible that rules have changed at this board recently which warrant moderators to look for people with familiar names? Perhaps you are only doing your job and I mistook your joke as a taunt. Anyway, no hard feelings. I appreciate your contribution to XI, both on this board and your books.

jb