cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to Send some information to an RFC and my friend is saying that, I cannot call RFC Asynchronously and I couldnot understand that point, could some one help me please.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

U can sebd data to RFC asyncronously,no issues but RFC generally used for synchronous communication.

For asynchronous communication just send the imporing parameters to receiving RFC.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andras ..You need not set any mode in case of an RFC.

It all depense on wether you are using request message & response message in your interface mapping and also depends your target interface mode..

Sender RFC code should take care of either it is async or sync..

You can call RFC asynchronously..

Mohan

for your scenario you have to have a sender RFC adapter and inside it the code should trigger a asynchronous RFC..

use this blog for the same...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can call both synchronous and asynchronous RFC from XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I call Asynchronously an RFC, what exactly I need to do in an RFC to XI to File scenario.

Bascally trying to send some information from An rfc to a file asynchronously.

I need the steps that are involved on the RFC side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

For RFC sender u have to create RFC destination in SM59

as TCP/IP.Use register server programme.

Specify The programme ID along With Host name and gateway service .

Design:

1] Import u r RFC in XI

2] Create message type for that

3] Create asyncronous outbound message interface

4] Do the message mapping and interface mapping.

Configuration:

1] Create comm. channels for RFC and FTP. In RFC cc specify the same programme ID and the application server host name.

2] Perform the remaining steps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mohan,

i dont think there is a need to create a seperate message type and message interface for the rfc.once u import the rfc it will automatically contain the message type and message interface.

so,

1.import ur required rfc.

2.then int he message mapping and interface mapping u can directly drag and drop ur imported rfc.

3.create a seperate communication channel for the rfc using rfc adapter and perform the remaining steps

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithesh,

I have a similar problem.

I imported the required RFC, so I don't need any Data Type/Message Type/Message Interface.

BUT if I use the default MI of the RFC in the config steps, I can't maintain the synchronous/asynchronous mode...

How to go further?

Thank you in advance!

regards,

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

Where exactly are you trying to set the mode ? In your ccBPM ? Also Are your trying to use the receiver RFC adapter or the sender adapter?

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravana,

Dear Sravya,

I would like to do the following scenario:

SAP/PS --> XI --> JMS

In SAP I call the Bapi: BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN and sends network datas to JMS through XI.

In the design:

I only imported the BAPI to my SWCV. (I don't use any own made Data types/Message types/Message interfaces.)

In the config:

I used this imported BAPI name (BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN) as my interface.

It works, but it sends the message synchronously...

I would like to use this simplicity (only import the BAPI and don't use any own created interfaces,DTs, MTs and BPM neither)

But if I don't create any own Message Interface I can't control the synchronous/asynchronous mode.

Is it feasible that way??

Thank you in advance!

Andras