cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriation Request Statuses

0 Kudos

Is it possible to restrict the authorization for Appropriation Requests using just system statues.

e.g. Planner created an appr req. He should be able to change the appr req as long as the system status is 'Created'. but once he set the status to 'For Approval' and sent the appr req for approval process, he shouldn't have the flexibility to change the master data during approval process. how do i restrict this?

Is there a database table where appropriation request statuses are saved?

what would be the criterion if i had to create a custom authorization object?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

You can achieve this with a combination of System & User Status. Do as below;

1. Create a status profile and assign to object type Appropriation request

2. Create one user status as 'Created'. Set it as initial status.

3. Create other user status as 'For Approval'. In Business Transaction screen, for transaction 'Submit for approval' tick the Radio Button 'SET'. The effect will be that as soon as user Presses 'For Approval' , this corresponding user status will be set-up automatically.

Now in this user status 'For Approval' restrict whatever Biz Transaction you want to restrict.

• Any user who uses these statuses will need to have following authorization objects in their profile

1. B_USERSTAT

2. B_USERST_T

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Ravi - I totally agree with you.

It makes a life much easier when we use combination of user and system statues. But is there a way to acheive the requirement with just system statuses and may be creating new authorization objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindar,

As per my knowledege and the literature available from SAP it is not possible to execute transaction based control using system status except for some control using statuses like 'Release, TECO, CLSD etc.

These statues (System as well as User) are available in tables JCDS/JEST.

You can create custom authorization objects using ABAP but that is only field based.

Anyway I believe that using combinaion of User/System status would be easier than going for any custom dev. To be sure that no one can change the User status itself directly you can either 'Display' it in field setting or set up authorizaton keys for user status change and not provide these keys in any user's role.

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav