Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SLD

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have been studying the guides under regarding the SAP recommendations on SLDs. I read in the Planning Guide - System Landscape Directory for NW 7.0 SP15 that if you have a central SLD that various data suppliers send data to, you must have a dedicated user id for each data supplier in the central SLD. I do not understand this. Why couldn't I use the SLDDSUSER of my central SLD for all data suppliers?

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to last line of page number 33 in SLD planning guide. Hope this answers your query.

Thanks,

Manoj Chintawar

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Manoj,

This is exactly my question: Why do I have to have a different user id for each different data supplier. I have seen the text at the bottom of page 33 but my question is why is this

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

For each SLD data supplier you need one user

The concept of the central SLD (as per Page 33) is to have one (central).

This means for the central SLD you need only one user

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Not quite, Nesimi

The planning guide is clear: For each data supplier, you need a dedicated user in the central SLD.

What I do not understand is why. Why can't I get away with using the SLDDSUSER of the central SLD for all data suppliers? What difference does it make if I have a dedicated user for each data supplier in the central SLD?

I have 10 systems to send data to my central SLD and I want to avoid creating 10 different users, if it can be avoided

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never read that Guide but I also believe that there is somethign wrogn with that statement.

The real only reason I could think of would be that if some numpty enters the password wrong in one supplier it would lock the account and all the other ones could not report anymore either.

We have a central SLD with approx. 150 systems reporting to it and they all use one user, no problem in the last couple of years due to it.

Regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is my understanding that this is done to enable the support team to more rapidly correct an issue involving this user. If you have a large environment and the single user gets locked, you can not quickly narrow down why and where, but with system <SID> specific users, these answers are apparent and does not break the entire process with a single user.

Mark

Answers (0)