cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorg Table EDI40 with Long Raw

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a 10.2.0.2 Oracle DB. I have brspace 7.10. I have a tablespace PSAPIDOCD and PSAPIDOCI containing EDI40 (and the indexes are in IDOCI).

Have done a massive cleanup of which I can reduce the tablespace from 50gb to 4gb. I cannot seem to get the process down for a reorg using brspace.

EDI40 has LRAW.

I created a new tablespace PSAPIDC to contain both data and indexes associated with EDI40.

Does anyone have a step-by-step process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have a step by step procedure on the SAP note 646681.

The procedure outline there is for a full tablespace reorganization, you only have to think the steps you do not need.

You could also reorganize the table online, changing the field type from LRAw to LOB, but I would not do it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I went thru the process. Very clunky.

Anyway it is odd that I see my index larger than my table?

SAPR3 EDI40 TABLE PSAPIDOC 192

SAPR3 EDI40~0 INDEX PSAPIDOC 106,496

Not a fan of brspace.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah, brspace's interface is ugly and cumbersome. I preferred SAPDBA back in the old days too.

I'm now used to brspace and for what I do, it does the trick. You tend to learn more SQL commands to administer your Oracle database which is not bad.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will need some downtime to reorg this tablespace.

a full offline tablespace reorg in the only way to go, unless you have loads of money to spend on a third party program such as LiveReorg.

As suggested by Fidel, read SAP note 646681, it explains the whole process and I have tested it many times myself.