cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Migration (DIR, charateristics, classes)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to migrate the Document Info Records, characteristics, classes, classification and the original documents from R/3 4.7 to ECC 6 Server, as well as move the original docs from the old KPRO server to the new KPRO Server.

So far i was able to find the IDOC type that i can use for characteristics, classes and classification as well as the reports to do a mass distribution.

My biggest problem is migrating the documents and to also ensure that, the links point to the new server. Your help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in Advance,

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT in SE38 to relocate originals to new content server. The content server will need to be connected to your old SAP instance.

Then use ALE to move the master data (DIR's) to the new SAP ECC6 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Thank you for the speedy reply. What message types do i need to use to move the DIR's? Do know of any transaction i can use to distribute the master data through ALE?

Tks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't, I haven't looked at it in a while now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Sorry to bug you again. I did as you have mentioned. For some reason i get an error: Error while checking out: CNT/10000003683/000/00

Message no. 26254

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Athol and Danny,

i'm very happy with this message is answered. but I couldn't find what the answer is.

could you be good enough to show above question about "What message types do i need to use to move the DIR's? Do know of any transaction i can use to distribute the master data through ALE?

"

We are moving DIRs from SAP R/3 4.6C one client to another client in a same system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use the message class DOCMAS.

Also consider that you would need to transfer the following message types where applicable:

Classification data needs to be ALEu2019d to the new system, in the sequence set out below:

1. Characteristics and Characteristic Values

Most objects for variant configuration are dependent on characteristics. For this reason, characteristics must be transferred first.

u2022 Characteristics with value hierarchies, long texts for characteristic values, or linked documents may lead to problems during transfer.

u2022 Message type: CHRMAS

u2022 Availability: as of R/3 3.0

2. Classes

When you use ALE to distribute classes, the characteristic assignments are also transferred.

u2022 Message type: CLSMAS

u2022 Availability: as of R/3 3.0

3. Variant Table Structures

These are the variant tables that are created to support data maintenance.

u2022 Message type: VTAMAS

u2022 Availability: as of R/3 3.1

4. Variant Table Contents

Once the structures of the variant tables have been distributed, their contents can be transferred.

u2022 Message type: VTMMAS

5. User-Defined Functions (Variant Functions, VC Functions)

User-defined functions in variant configuration let you use function modules that you have written, to check and infer characteristic values.

The distribution of functions only transfers the framework (texts, characteristics, and so on). The function modules that belong to the functions must be transferred first, using the usual R/3 transport system.

u2022 Message type: VFNMAS

u2022 Availability: as of R/3 4.5

6. Object Dependencies (Except Constraints)

Dependencies (preconditions, selection conditions, procedures, and actions) usually refer to characteristics, characteristic values, variant tables, and variant functions. For this reason, dependencies must be distributed after this other master data. The dependencies transferred here are global dependencies. Local dependencies are transferred with the objects to which they are assigned. For example, if you created a selection condition as a local dependency for a BOM item, this dependency is transferred when you use ALE to distribute the BOM (bill of material).

u2022 Message type: KNOMAS

7. Constraints

Constraints can only be distributed as of R/3 4.5.

u2022 Message type: KNOMAS

8. Constraint Nets

Constraint nets can only be distributed as of R/3 4.5.

u2022 Message type: DEPNET

9. Assignment of Dependencies to Characteristics and Characteristic Values

u2022 The characteristics are transferred once more to do this. Start ALE distribution for characteristics again, and the system transfers the assignments.

See point 1: Characteristics and Characteristic Values

Regards,

Freddie.

Answers (0)