cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to cancel billing document thro VF11. After entering the Billing doc no. and current date, the error log shows as "0000000 Document does not exist". Billing document date 21.11.2008.

Long Text

Detail

The document does not exist. It was possibly not posted and therefore cannot be read from the database.

Procedure

Repeat the transaction at a later time.

What can I do further and how to proceed to cancel this billing document.

Regards,

G. BHASKARAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your original billing doc-document flow.

Also check Account documents generated(account tab or from menu) or not

If not release to accounts (from menu)

Thanks and regards

chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the accounting document and the same has already been created.

Also, Sale Order shows the Cancel Invoice with document no. What is this? Whether this Billing documents has already cancelled.

I tried to cancel the accounting document on Current date through FB08 for document reversal. System is now allowing with follwing msg:

Reversal reason 01 only permits posting date xx.11.2008.

Also I tried with other Reversal reason 02 & 05 and the following msg shown in Tool bar.

Not possible to reverse the doc. FI Accounting.

How to proceed furhter. Need help

regards

gb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VA02, input the sale order reference and press "Shift + F5". See the status of Billing Document and Accounting Document.

On your comment

I tried to cancel the accounting document on Current date through FB08

please note that you should not cancel the accounting document separately. It should have been reversed while cancelling the billing document via VF11.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As on your comment:

"Also, Sale Order shows the Cancel Invoice with document no. What is this? Whether this Billing documents has already cancelled."

Goto sales order (VA01/02/03) check document flow and If the last entry of the document flow is displaying as cancelled invoice XXXXXXXXXXX this means your invoice has been canceled already.

Please check and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

The following document flow view shows in Sales Order.

Cust Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 27.11.08 Completed (with Green colour)

Accounting Document xxxx 27.11.08 Not cleared (with Yellow colour)

Cancel Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 09.01.09 Open (with Yellow colour)

I also convinced to the user "You cannot cancel this billing document as this document already cancelled pls refer Cancel Invoice".

The user asking me then why the accounting document shows as Open item in Customer Balance Display (TCode: FBL5N). I checked in FBL5N and the accounting document shows as open item.

Is there any clearing procedure in SD for clearing Accounting document & Cancel Invoice docuemnt.

Please advice.

Regards,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Cust Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 27.11.08 Completed (with Green colour)

Cancel Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 09.01.09 Open (with Yellow colour)"

Yes, you are right the invoice has been cancelled on 09.09.09 but as soon as you cancel the document Accounting document 27.11.08 should be clear automatically.

Please take help of your FI guy in this issue.

bye

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I reopened the Period 008. Using T.Code VF02 after entering the Cancelled Invoice document

- used to "Release to Accounting" icon.

Then the document posted and cleared in Nov 2008 (Period 008).

Thanks for all

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cust Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 27.11.08 Completed (with Green colour)

Cancel Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 09.01.09 Open (with Yellow colour)"

In continuation of all your advice, I tried the following method :

Step 01: Enter TCode: VF02 - System shows the "Change Billing Document" screen

Step 02: Enter the cancelled Invoice document no.72500014 to check the document flow

Step 03: After entering the Doc no.72500014 - use "Green Flag" icon or Shift + F4

for Release to accounting.

I tried the above steps can pass on the cancellation document procedure through to accounting.

Then the Accounting document will be cleared from "Open" to "Cleared Items" in Customer Account.

When I tried, the system is not allowing and it shows the following msg:

=====================================================================

"posting period 008 2008 is not open"

Sytem Response

Processing cannot be continued

Procedure

The error can have several causes. In order to eliminate the error, proceed as follows :

1. Check whether the posting date was entered correctly. The sytem determines the posting period by means of the date.

2. Check whether the required posting period is open for posting for the variant of period period XXX and account type +. Make sure that the period is open for posting.

To do this, specify a period interval in which the required period for the variant of posting period XXX and account type + is contained.

=====================================================================

My doubt is how the system allows the cancel invoice posting at the time of cancelling Invoice

to the period Jan 2009 (09.01.09), as billing and accounting document posting period is related to Nov 2008 (27.11.08).

Can any one give some more guidelines.

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind

"posting period 008 2008 is not open"

Better you check with your FI guy regarding this, he will check the posting details.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am also facing same kind of issue,

Actually when i cancel the invoice ,accounting document is not getting generated .But cancel invoice is saved and status shows open.what i need to check .pls help me out.

thanks lot

Raj.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether already the Billng docuemnt was cancelled

or

Check whether the Billing document released to account or not

Chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to check this, pls give steps only

Former Member
0 Kudos

If document is cancelled:

Go To SE16

Check VBRK table

Check cancelled field for he document : if it is blank it means it is not cancelled

if document is released

Check posting status for the document in VBRK table.