cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brrecover is not adding the datafiles into the standby database server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing problem during the recovery of the database on the standby DR server.

We added one datafile in tablespace psapuser1d in Production system. So during recovery of database by applying the logs which generated after that datafile addition giving the error. The error is as follow:

ORA-01274: cannot add datafile '/oracle/EU3/sapdata5/user1d_3/user1d.data3' -

file could not be created.

We are having upgraded our oracle from 9.2.0.7 to 10.2.0.2. We were not facing the problem when we were running on oracle 9.2.0.7. The datafiles were automatically added to the standby DR server.

I searched on the sap market place and other sources where they have suggested standby_file_management should be auto. But As per the inputs from my colleague they never make the parameter auto in the oracle 9.2.0.7.

Please advice on the same.

Let me know if you require further inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

First of all Thanks for your replies.

But as I mentioned in my question we were able to add files automatically into DR without making the parameter standby_file_management to auto when we were running on the 9.2.0.7. And we have another landscape with oracle database version 9.2.0.8 where we are able to add the file to the DR automatically.

I have checked in that another landscape where the parameter standby_file_management is manual and not auto. Please advice on the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the following parameters in both the primary as well as in the standby DB.

DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT and LOG_FILE_NAME_CONVERT.

Check whether your standby DB is using raw devices to store your datafiles.

In Oracle 9i, If you have not set the STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT initialization parameter to auto, you must re-create the control file on the standby database to sync the changes.

The same goes with Oracle 10g also, check the alert_SID.log in the standby DB for more idea.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ORA-01274: cannot add datafile 'string' - file could not be created

Cause: Automated standby file management was disabled, so an added file could not automatically be created on the standby. The error from the creation attempt is displayed in another message. The controlfile file entry for the file is 'UNNAMEDnnnnn'.

Action: Use the ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE statement to create the file, or set STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to AUTO and restart standby recovery.

Rgds,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Try creating the directory 'user1d_3' on the standby and then proceed.

Anyway you should activate the parameter STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT = AUTO.

Check the below link.....

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/manage_ps.htm#1010429

Regards,

Yoganand.V