cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to cancel billing document thro VF11. After entering the Billing doc no. and current date, the error log shows as "0000000 Document does not exist". Billing document date 21.11.2008.

Long Text

Detail

The document does not exist. It was possibly not posted and therefore cannot be read from the database.

Procedure

Repeat the transaction at a later time.

What can I do further and how to proceed to cancel this billing document.

Regards,

G. BHASKARAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govind

Go to VF02 and In the menu. Cancel the Billing document there it self.Try for it .

Madhav

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I reopened the Period 008. Using T.Code VF02 after entering the Cancelled Invoice document

- used to "Release to Accounting" icon.

Then the document posted and cleared in Nov 2008 (Period 008).

Thanks to Mr. Srini 1379 suggesion (Posted: Jan 23, 2009 12:44 PM) and others effort.

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cust Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 27.11.08 Completed (with Green colour)

Accounting Document xxxx 27.11.08 Not cleared (with Yellow colour)

Cancel Invoice (ZCR) xxxx 09.01.09 Open (with Yellow colour)"

In continuation of all your advice, I tried the following method :

Step 01: Enter TCode: VF02 - System shows the "Change Billing Document" screen

Step 02: Enter the cancelled Invoice document no.1234 to check the document flow

Step 03: After entering the Doc no.1234 - use "Green Flag" icon or Shift + F4

for Release to accounting.

I tried the above steps can pass on the cancellation document procedure through to accounting.

Then the Accounting document will be cleared from "Open" to "Cleared Items" in Customer Account.

When I tried, the system is not allowing and it shows the following msg:

=====================================================================

"posting period 008 2008 is not open"

Sytem Response

Processing cannot be continued

Procedure

The error can have several causes. In order to eliminate the error, proceed as follows :

1. Check whether the posting date was entered correctly. The sytem determines the posting period by means of the date.

2. Check whether the required posting period is open for posting for the variant of period period XXX and account type +. Make sure that the period is open for posting.

To do this, specify a period interval in which the required period for the variant of posting period XXX and account type + is contained.

=====================================================================

My doubt is how the system allows the cancel invoice posting at the time of cancelling Invoice

to the period Jan 2009 (09.01.09), as billing and accounting document posting period is related to Nov 2008 (27.11.08).

Can any one give some more guidelines.

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

the billing document has already been cancelled.

goto VF02, put in the cancelation invoice number, check the document flow if it has been released to accounting if not on the VF02 screen when you enter the document number click on the green flag on the toolbar. that will pass the cancellation through to accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the Document flow of that billing document and check weather it is released or not..if it is released then see it is already canceled or not....if it not released then got to T-code VF02, enter the billing document no and click on green flag or release to accounting and then go to VF11 or in change mode to cancel the billing document....and if it is canceled then check the canceled billing document in FV02 and see it has been passed to accounting document or not.

Please tell me if i am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the accounting document is generated for the billing document, if not release to accounting in VF02, now try VF11 to cancel the billing document then the posting will be created with reverse document.

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I tried through VF11 and it show the said error msg.

How to do thro VF02, pls give steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go to VF02 enter billing document and click on release to accounting and check the accounting entries, if it is showing error check the account determination after releasing to accounting then cancel the billing document VF11

regards

srini

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in the table VBRK (t-Code SE16) whether the said Invoice no. exist or not. If the Invoice no. exist then run the VF11 again and as the error occurs go to the T-code : SU53 and check your authorisation and ask the Basis guy to provide the suitable authorisation.

Regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked authorizations are available as per your suggested steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked authorizations are available as per your suggested steps

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked the Billing document no. in table VBRK whether that exist or not??

Regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the accounting document and the same has already been created.

Also, Sale Order shows the Cancel Invoice with document no. What is this? Whether this Billing documents has already cancelled.

I tried to cancel the accounting document on Current date through FB08 for document reversal. System is now allowing with follwing msg:

Reversal reason 01 only permits posting date xx.11.2008.

Also I tried with other Reversal reason 02 & 05 and the following msg shown in Tool bar.

Not possible to reverse the doc. FI Accounting.

How to proceed furhter. Need help

regards

gb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Govind,

Reversal reason 01 only permits posting date xx.11.2008.

Check the configuration of your reversal reason codes

SPRO --> IMG --> Financial Accounting (New) --> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable --> Business Transactions --> Adjustment Posting/Reversals --> Define Reasons for Reversal

You need to use a reversal reason code that has "Alt.pos.dt" as ticked.

"Alt.pos.dt"; is Alternative Posting Date - with it checked, you can post the reversal to a date that is different than the original posting date. With it unchecked, the reversal can only be posted to the original posting date.

Now, Try to enter Reversal Reason 01 and enter posting date as of today.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I checked IMG the relevant field (Alt pos.dt) has not ticked.

If I want to cancel the Billing Document, I need to reverse the accounting document first which is showing open item in Customer Balance display (TCode: FBL5N).

Then why the Cancel Invoice Document no. shows in Sales Order.

In sale order the following details are shown :

Cust Invoice (ZCR) 1234 27.11.08 Completed (with Green colour)

Accounting Document 5678 27.11.08 Not cleared (with Yellow colour)

Cancel Invoice (ZCR) 9999 09.01.09 Open (with Yellow colour)

What is difference between "Cancel Invoice" and "Cancel Billing Document" ?

I need to put a tick mark on "Alt Pos. dt' at IMG level

Then I need to reverse the accounting document with reversal reason as 01

Then only I can cancel the billing document as of current date i.e. 00.02.2009.

Is it correct procedure, please help me. I have a doubt still on "what is the Cancel Invoice" document.

Regards,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically this is due to authorisation problem.If the docment belong to other sales org and authorisation has been maintained then the messgae u have mentioned appears.

Thx,

Pramod