cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps on Creation of New Clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed ERP 6.0 and i am able to Login through SAP* , Please do let me know the Steps on Creation of New Clients and how to create userid and passwords to those clients .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any progress on this ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

My question was as that table does not have any entries at all regarding my new clients so what should i delete nothing right !! this table does not have any entries reagrding the new clients ( 100,200) but has entries regarding the default clients (000,001,066) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The problem here is the sap* or ddic user does not have much previlige of adding these clients using SM30

so i have created a new user and with it i have added the clients so is that the reason these client entries are not present in the table . so should i provide permission to sap* user and recreate these clients with sap* and then login with sap* user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also how do i make a newly created logical system as active ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help me here the problem is sap* or ddic user does not have much previlige of adding these clients using SM30 or modifying these clients we get and message saying we can only view with these users

so i have created a new user with admin rights and with it i have added the clients so is that the reason these client entries are not present in the table . Also how do i provide permission to sap* user and recreate these clients with sap* and then login with sap* user. what are the rights and permissions we need to provide to the

SAP* user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1:login to database level

2:Execute the command

sqlplus u201C/as sysdbau201D

You will be connected to database

SAPSR3 stands for your database schema id

MANDT stands for clientnumber

ex: if your schema is SAPR3 and client is 000 it will look like below

Now execute this command

========================================================

delete SAPR3. USR02 where BNAME = 'SAP*' and MANDT='000';

==========================================================

at the end commit and bounce the system for parameters to take effect

===========

commit;

============

Hope this would help you

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for your response .

The client i created is 100 by doing this on client 000 do u think this would help me on logging in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keshav,

Here is some more information in addition to Orkun's comments.

1. Create logical system. Use transaction BD54 or SALE

e.g. logical system name is <SID>CLNT100

2. Create client using SCC4 and attach logical system name created in step 1.

3. Client copy. This can be done various way's. Local/transport/remote. You can select appropriate profile while making the client copy.

4. If you had selected SAP_ALL profile in step 3 then you can login with login id's of source client.

If that is not the case you can login with sap* to start with and default password is PASS. Remember you need to have parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar set.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoj/Orkun,

I have followed ur instructions till reating client and assigning logical system , can you please explain how do i do a client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Check the transactions sccl, scc8 and scc9.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the client creation also have sent the parameter to o so that i can login to that client .Also i have restarted the server but still i am not able to login to those clients .So how do i login ?

Also i have created client 100 but when i try to do a client copy using SCCL i am getting the target client selected as 001 which should be only the iosurce client how do i change this ? Please do guide me on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you set in RZ10 the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 ? and restart the System, after you can login under SAP* and PASS password. I'm think you don't set this parameter correctly. After, for client copy, you must execute it from Target not from source Client. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keshav,

Remember to execute SCCL from the newly created client. You are almost there now.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj/sergo,

Here is slight confusion when i try to add a parameter through RZ10 i have three profiles

( Start profile,instance profile , default profile )

Can u please tell me which profile the parameter should be added to coz i tried adding in the instance profile

and still it does not allow me to log in .

Need ur help on this .

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Login to 000 client SAP* and goto RZ10.

Now select the instance Profile...select extended maintanace and click change.

The change the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 then click copy.

Click back icon and click save. It asks u to activate..and click yes and the restart the instance.

Now login to newly created client with SAP*/PASS and goto transaction SCCL

Now select the Profile ---SAP_ALL

and Source Client ---000

and Source Client User Masters--- 000 and click start Immediately or Schedule in background.

You can check the status of client copy using Transaction Code SCC3.After client copy got finished you can create users using transaction su01 n the newly created client.

Regards,

Kalyan

Edited by: Kalyan Gupta on Feb 6, 2009 7:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalyan,

thanks for message but i have tried all the steps added parameter and restarted the server but still i am not able to login to the newly created clients with userid as SAP* and password PASS .I get message userid or password incorrect please do let me know how to log into to the new client .

Regards,

keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure following will help.

Can you login with any other user like DDIC?

if yes, delete the user sap* from newly created client and then you will be able to login with sap*/pass.

If no, delete the sap* user from database directly and then you will be able to login with sap*/pass as password.

please remember to have login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 parameter set.

Thanks,

Manoj

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> but still i am not able to login to the newly created clients with userid as SAP* and password PASS .I get message userid or password incorrect

Means a user SAP* already exists in that client AAA.

Login to DB as

SQLPlus/nolog

SQL>conn / as sysdba

sql>select username from <ur db schema owner>.usr02 where mandt=AAA;(suppose AAA is ur client number)

See SAP* exists or not

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not very sure of the db schema owner i ther any way to log into the newly created clients .

By deleting the user SAP* how would be able to log in who will create this user again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keshav,

Don't worry about SAP. This is built into SAP with hard coded password 'pass'. Once you delete the SAP you can login as SAP* with password 'pass'.

Once you login with about login details I would advise you to create SAP* user in that client for security reasons.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj/Kalyan,

I have executed the query looks like i dont have in mandt column i dont have values of my new clients created ( 100,200,300 etc) so how do i add here so that i could then log into my new clients and then how do i do a client copy

my new client is 100

the query i run is

select bname from SAPSR3.usr02 where mandt=001;

how do i proceed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are nearly there.

Try following command:

select mandt,bname from sapsr3.usr02 where mandt ='100';

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks manoj,

I Have run this query i am getting no rows selected how do i proceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Have you set in RZ10 the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0? (If yes, ignore)

2. Did you restart SAP after step 1 ( If yes, ignore)

3. Did you try to login in new client 100 with SAP* and password pass ? Remember to change the client on the logon screen.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you read the documentation ?

These steps are explained very clearly...

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes using the transaction SCC4 i have created couple of clients but then not sure what value should be added to logical system as it is asking for couple of project names also next should i do a client copy for these newly created clients and then how do i login to them and create users , these steps are bit confusing to me .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Logical systems should be created via creating entries on "V_TBDLS" view by using SM30. Then you can assign them to the client by using SCC4 tcode. It is important that you should give those logical names carefully, because they will be used in your ALE integrations and shouldn't be changed at the further steps.

Creating new users are upto what variant you choose during the client copy. At the first time, you should use SAP* for the first logon. After the respective client copy, if you included user master into your client copy, you can use them to logon to your system. I hope that I clarified the issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik