cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Item Category in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We require Item Category field to be editable in VA02. Ours is MTO scenario when we enter Material in SO the Item Category fields gets grey out we require the same to be editable. We have also maintianed the MItC in Item category determination in VOV4 still the fields gets greyed out.

Please guide.

Regards,

Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Item category will only be in editable mode in VA02 unless and until the delivery is not made or partial delivery has been done

Manual item category is to change manually the automatic determination done by the system and not to input manually when there is no automatic determination

Even make to order item category TAK is in editable mode in VA02 transaction

May be something else in your setup controlling this

Regards

raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra

If partial delivery is made, then you will not be able to change the item category in sale order manually despite maintaining the item category in VOV4.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have not created delivery for the Sales Order. Still the Item Category field is grey out this may be bcoz of MTO scenario.

Further I would like to change the Item Category for Sales Order already been done i.e VA02.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra,

Yes, it's due to the MTO scenario.

Once you have create the order in VA01, the individual customer requirement is generated for planning. So you can't change the item cat. in VA02.

You may need to remove the line and add a new line for that.

Hope it helps.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken.

Is there any another way to change the Item Cat without deleting from Sales Order.

Regards,

Mahendra