cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Substitution Functionality in SRM portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to activate approval substitution scenario with respect to PO and shopping cart. But the standard workflow seems to be having an issue with validation. It doesn't validate the substitute and accept any substitute irrespective of its PO value limit. We developed a function module which checks the PO value limit for the substitute with respect to the approver. But the problem is we could not link the function module to the portal as we are unaware of BHTML code and the process of implementing it.

Our requirement is to have the validation in portal and not in the SRM system. The client recommended us to go for a change in the ITS object of approval BBPAPPROVAL. We are also not sure about modifying ITS object.

Would request you to kindly give us suggestions about proceeding in this scenario. Also if you have some standard codes kindly send us across.

Regards,

Koushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koushik,

I assume you are creating the "Inbox Substitution" from portal.

Goto SE80 - Select Function Group - and give BW02. In that you have screens - go to 1382 screen.

Goto Module 1328_handle_action.

Goto Perform 1328_Handle_Substitution.

Goto Perform d1328_find_deputies.

This is the sap standard code which gives list of users based on the search criteria when we create substitution in portal.

gt_deputies is the standard internal table which stores the user list.

I have used "Enhancement Operations" and created a custom code to delete the users from gt_deputies who are having less than the approval limit of the user who is trying to create the substitute.

So the final gt_deputies table will have only the users who are having approval limit more than the user who is creating the substitute.

Basically, the code written in enhancement gets executed after the standard sap code is executed. In this way we are not modifying the standard code but restrict the output list of the sap table using our enhanced code.

I am not aware of the ITS object specified by your client.

Regards,

PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks PR. It helped. Can we show an alert message if the substitute has insufficient signing authority.

The message should be triggered whenever I am going to press add button and the substitute if doesn't have the limit equal or greater than the approver.

Regards,

Koushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Standard code might have to be changed to display the custom messages which is not possible.

I am not sure if it can be achieved or not.

Hope someone can give some idea on this..

Regards,

PR.