cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager-XI-mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i have scenario were solution manager has to interact with mail adapter through XI.

In my company when a ticket is raised through portal, 2 mails are sent... one to the creator telling that 'XXX.....' is the ticket number that has been assigned to Mr.XXXXXX........(this mail is sent by the portal).

And the other mail to the authorized person who wil close the ticket telling that ticket number 'XXXX....' is assingned to you. But, this authorized person has to login into solution manager to authorize the ticket and close it....

WHAT XI HAS TO DO : The authorized person should be able to approve the ticket directly from his mail without logging into SOLUTION MANAGER.just by replying to the mail.

KINDLY give me a good solution to this........!!!!!111

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the user at solution manager replies to the mail, use mail sender to send the message to XI. You have to create some rule like the Subject of the reply mail should contain "Accept" or "Reject". Now in the mapping, you may extract the value and check the subject. Based on this, you may route the data to appropriate receivers.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using ALERTS this should be a straight process as explained in the link below.

[Confiming Alerts|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm]

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configure a mailbox to which the person who is attending the ticket always replies to. Now create an XI mail to RFC/PROXY/Whatever u want. Read the mail and get the subject and if it is what you want, send this to the receiver adapter and get your work done there.

VJ