cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Alert for Service Desk in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just an overview, we implemented Service Desk that enable to send email notifcation to message creator, support team and message processor regarding the progress of the incident message.

My question is, is there any features in Solman Service Desk that capable of sending SMS alert to message creator, support team and message processor? If so, can you provide me a step by step guide on how to set-up this feature in Solman. What are the things I need to set-up and consider?

Hoping you can help me guys!

Best Regards,

Ice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have few more questions on value first software, do you have any run-guide or procedure on how to do it and implement in Solman? Also, is there any configurations in SAP that there is no need to use third party application to implement SMS sending just like configurations in email notification? Email notification is possible in sap by configuring it in the SAP System it self, is this also possible in SMS?

Thank you,

Ice

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may choose to use Third party solution for this.

Check [this link|http://www.vfirst.com/sms-plug-ins.php].

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally I have not seen any document/note as such for sending SMS.

Just thought another way could be ,Setup an email alert for any new message in service desk and once email comes to your mailbox set your email application to send SMS...