cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication between two webdynpro components using component usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please let me know the steps that needs to be followed for communication between two Webdynpro components.'

I am using webdynpro component usage and creating the usage on manual. Next mapping the used component interface controller to the main component.

And trying to call wdThis.wdGetusedcompinterface().usedCompmethod();

When I try to activate this code I am getting compiler errors on NWDI Activation...

[javac] symbol : method wdGetFlexInterface ()

[javac] location: interface com.deloitte.component.newhire.healthplan.wdp.IPrivateNew_Hire_HealthPlan

[javac] wdThis.wdGetFlexInterface().refreshFlexComp();

[javac] ^

[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Why is this error coming up on activation? Am I missing any steps?

Thanks,

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

go through:[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/100fbcd6-7512-2a10-7283-bc94957d0b1e]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60132577-7801-2b10-c9b1-b13b2f78f23b]

thread::[;

Regards

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi.,

As you said that you are getting the said error when you activate the DC in NWDI. That means you are able to successfully deploy and run the application. So, there may not be any missing steps while coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this blog.

/people/sudhir.gorantla4/blog/2008/02/27/componentization-of-webdynpro-application-in-ce71

Regards

Gaytahri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on NWDS 7.0.13 can you please send any documents or help on this version. When I am deploying to my test server I am not having any issues with the code. I am getting this issue only at run time on activation?

And the logs on NWDI are very limited and is just saying compile error...

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Madhavi

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

You should check the CBS build log to see the error that are occurring when you do activation.

You can try like this:

Open Development Configurations perspective in NWDS

Go to u2018Activation Requestsu2019 View.

Select you u2018Request IDu2019

Right side in this view, select the tab u2018Activation Resultsu2019

Select and right click on the request -> select Show activation log in CBS.

Here you can get exact details why the build failed.

Sanyev

Edited by: Sanyev Babu on Jan 27, 2009 1:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logs posted above are from CBS build log only. It is giving the four lines of error with JavaC.

Any further suggestions....

Thanks,

Madhavi

Edited by: Madhavi on Jan 28, 2009 6:33 PM

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

It seems that you are getting an error on the method wdGetFlexInterface(). This is an auto generated method. There might be some problem with the code in your DTR. Can you try deleting the existing project from your workspace (or create a new workspace or try in a different system) and sync the code from the DTR. It might show some errors. then a rebuild might fix the errors.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could get rid of that error by deleting the method and recreating the method again. Then did a rebuild of the project and redeployed in the test server the child component is refreshing successfully when I call the method from the Parent.

But again when I activate the code to NWDI the activity is failing and now I get this error:

[wdgen] [Error] com.component.newhire.healthplan.New_Hire_HealthPlan --> Controller New_Hire_HealthPlan [FlexUsage]: Controller has invalid controller usage. Please check the referenced controller or delete the usage.

I checked the usage on the controller and it looks fine. All I did is when I open the controller I clicked on Properties tab and clicked on Add and selected the Child component controller and Added the usage to the Parent Component controller.

When I click on properties it is only adding Interface controller usage dynamically and not the Component controller.

So, I have added that manually by clicking Add in the Properties of the component controller...

Any suggestions on what is making the build failed in the CBS???

Thanks,

Madhavi

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

I really suspect that these are inconsistency of the code in your DTR. The error that you are seeing is a build error and should also be there in your local IDE. (Unless the IDE version and the CBS version doesn't match). I would suggest that you create a new workspace, import the track, sync the code and then do a build. I am sure all these errors will be shown in your IDE also. If that doesn't happen. Then there is must be some version mismatch between your IDE and the CBS build server. Your basis team can help you with the version details.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos