cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS/Fedex # on order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

Where will the freight account number be put on an order in SAP? the scenario is such that some time the client pays for the shipping and some the the customer, so if the customer is paying the account # of UPS/Fedex which is provided by customer to use it for that package, where can we put that in sales order?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dilip,

Look in to this option,

Do the Text dtermination for the sales document through VOTXN transaction.

Define the new Text type to maintain UPS/Fedex # in the sales order.

While creating sales order you can maintain the UPS/Fedex # data for the new text type.

If you want same text message you can copy to the delivery document as well as to the billing document through proper configuration settings.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Delip,

We implemented several shipping (FEDEX/UPS/DHL) solutions with SAP without using XSI and without middleware.

I am happy to show the demo the way we implemented for UPS/FEDEX shipments.

You can send contact to me!

Thanks,

Prasad

[ProcessWeaver Inc|http://www.processweaver.com/ecs.html]

Edited by: ProcessWeaver Inc on Jun 30, 2009 11:08 AM

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would not recommend to use texts for this purpose. This data is extremely difficult to get to and later, if you will want some reports or print it on a form or something, you won't be able to do this easily. Instead, either add a Z field or just re-use some existing field, which is not used otherwise.

It also depends on your specific requirements - do you need to capture it on the order or store in the customer master? On which documents do you need this field? What exactly are you planning to do with it? All these questions must be answered before making any decisions.

Also check this thread: