cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Context loss behind proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you may know, after exiting from one IAC going to the next one, users do not need to login again because of context sharing.ITS reuses the login name and password provided to the first one (within the same browser session). But this seems to fail when going through a reverse proxy like apache (IIS wgate behind the proxy, not on same server).

Why is that ? Can this be overcome ? Can ITS and/or proxy be configured such that next IAC (service) will reuse the same login context.

None of the service files (of each IAS or global) has login and password in them. The second IAC(service) is called by calling the exit OKcode of first service after setting exitURL as direct URL of second IAC(service).

This problem has been noticed on old ITS versions(4.x) and 6.20 also.

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Veba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veba,

from your description I assume that you have a worked version when not using a reverse proxy, I cannot read if you are crossing domains, but it seems a domain issue (i.e. the cookie(s) are not coming along with the next (exit URL) request) please check:

• exit url pointing to the internal host and not to the reverse proxy?

• host/domain setting issue of session cookie

• eventually the same may apply to the SSO cookie

• wrong apache configuration (http header manipulation)

Please read the notes according to reverse proxies and ITS(I did the search for you; not all are applicable but they will point you in the right direction)

507293 ITS and Reverse Proxies

582445 ITS and Reverse Proxies - more Info on headermanipulation

494984 ITS WGATE manipulate HTTP headervariables

688295 ITS Best Practices: WGate configuration ITS 6.20

489943 ITS Error: No Service Name Specified

835762 Integrated ITS and sapwebdispatcher

738056 ITS WGate switchable ~wgate_echo=1 parameter

720480 ITS620 WGate configuration (wgate-config) description

493107 SSO integration for ITS via PAS

417784 ITS Updates in release 6.10

852690 SAP GUI for HTML: ~disconnectonclose and slow connection

Regards,

Fekke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fekke,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, there is a working version without proxy.

I am not sure if it is a domain issue though. I have seen the usual notes regarding internal vs external domain names but the solutions did not apply (same name, using hosts file to address wgate->agate correctly).

I will look into all the notes you provided.

Thank you.

Veba

martin_iracheta
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Did this issue get resovled? If so, can someone please share the solution as I'm encoutering the same problem.

Answers (0)