cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Mobile 7.1 - Message monitoring log table reorganization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to process a lot of inbound processing queues but I'm running in a problem with the message monitoring log table.

I get short dumps because the processing runs out of memory (private, etc) which happens because the code pulls in all of the data for one query at once and the internal table runs out of space.

The problem is with the size of the SMMW_LOG_PAR table which has to do with the message monitoring logs. When I go to the Mobile Administrator and look under monitoring, message monitoring, and try to pull up a log I get a scan on this table. I've run the message and log reorg jobs but this table doesn't change in size. Any ideas how to clean out these entries?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the tcode -> SDOE_BG_JOB_MONITOR

you can select the option

Monitoring : Log Reorganization

Check if any jobs hv been scheduled by clicking on the folder beneath it,

else you may trigger the job by supplying the following details :

a name for the job

select any of the 2 buttons on the application toolbar:

1)first button(CREATE VARIANT) -> allows you to create a variant , give it a name

and select first radio button and in this screen you can specify for how many days you wish to keep the logs in the tables smmw_log_hdr, smmw_log_par, smmw_log_det

2) second button(SCHEDULE JOB)you may select the default variant ' REMOVE_ALL' this cleans up the entire logs in the system and allows you to schedule the job

If the logs in the table mentioned above are far too many, you may first use the default variant to cleanup and then create a variant for a parameter say: keep logs for 7 days and schedule this to un weekly or so.

Hope this helps,

Poornima

Edited by: Poornima Madhusudhan on Jan 27, 2009 5:53 AM

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to disable logging while performing large data loads? Otherwise you get a lot of insertions into the logging tables and the system churns through many redo logs while updating the logging tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to diable logs but you can switch off the traces to minimize the database writes .

You may goto the maintenance view of the table SMMW_TRC_SETTING and select the option 'TRACE OFF' for the relevant Environments like 'BACKEND_INTEGRATION' and 'FLOW' which are the most travesed path of the processing in Mobile 7.1

Hope this helps,

Poornima