Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction usage in ST03N

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

When I look at transaction profile in ST03N I only see transaction usage for one day. How can I see transaction usage for a longer period? Let say for 3 months.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch to "Expert Mode", you should see the Days, Weeks, Months for which data is available.

If it is still only 1 day, then this is probably because the data it limited by the file size. You can change that in "Administrator Mode". In ST03 (not ...N) this was via a menu option.

Cheers,

Julius

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch to "Expert Mode", you should see the Days, Weeks, Months for which data is available.

If it is still only 1 day, then this is probably because the data it limited by the file size. You can change that in "Administrator Mode". In ST03 (not ...N) this was via a menu option.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I'm using 4.7 and I can't find the expert mode function. Where is it?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Top left corner?

Otherwise just take ST03. Should still work.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Got it!!!

Thank you.

0 Kudos

One last question,

What should I be looking for to find out which transactions/programs are being used more than others? I don't see a field for the number of time each one was used.

0 Kudos

I think you are misinterpreting what ST03(N) is intended for.

It's use for auditing is more coincidental than intended. It also aggregates the information, to make performance and system usage (from the perspective of the server, and not the user) understandable.

> What should I be looking for to find out which transactions/programs are being used more than others?

The tool you are looking for is the Security Audit Log (SM20). We already discussed this in your previous thread as well.

But there are ways of getting the system to do more than that which it normally does. However for this you will need some technical expertise. See [these blogs|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6229] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

From ST03 you can still get the number of dialog steps (gives an idea of the usage) and the cumulated response time (gives an idea of the load generated) for each program/transaction.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Yes, as an indicator it is very usefull. Actually, I usually check ST03 or STAD before I check the audit log, but one needs to be aware that expecting it to do something which it is not designed to is not an program error.

It does not tell you how many times the transaction / report was started, only how busy the user was clicking around in the transaction and how (un)happy they might have been while doing so (response times).

Additionally, a number of report names are "translated" into symbolic transaction names as part of the aggregation of the data. If the user scheduled the report to run in the background, does that mean he did not use it?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>It does not tell you how many times the transaction / report was started, only how busy the user was >clicking around in the transaction and how (un)happy they might have been while doing so (response >times).

That's exactly what I generally want to know !

I agree with you that it does not absolutely replace the need for SM19 auditing.

Olivier