cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change an characteristic to an navigation attribute?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!!

Does anybody knows how to change a characteristic that is on a POS to an attribute navigation of another characteristic that is in the same POS without deactivating it?

An infocube has the same POS characteristics. So, if I do this modification, the infocube will be automatically chaged? I think not, but I want to avoid manually changing almost everything.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Your question is very confusing. Do you want to change navigation attribute of a characteristic that is in a POS? or is your attribute part of POS?

Example: you have a characteristic product in your POS and you have product group as attribute of product.

In such a case if want to replace the product group by product class, then you need not deactivate the POS. You just have to go to RSD1, delete any master data that product has, go to attributes tab and replace product group by product class.

Then activate and reload master data into the characteristic.

Is this what you need? Give us an example to understand your case.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu

Actually I have this: Characteristic A + Characteristic B and them both are in the same POS. I needed to transform the Characteristic B in an navigation attribute of characteristic A, without deactivating the POS, but that´s impossible.

I already deactivated it and did all the necessary changes.

Thanks anyway!!

Regards

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

I'm wondering what IS involved in changing characteristics to nav atts because I have to do it as well. I believe it's almost like starting over with changes to the InfoCube, cascading down to the POS.

Do I have to backup live cache and reload after all config changes and after the new master data tables have been populated because CVCs are no longer "valid"? Or are the CVCs adjusted to contain the remaining characteristics?

Thanks and regards,

Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heidi

Sorry if I took so long to answer.

Unfortunately you will have do deactivate the POS and of course change all the infocubes, infosources, etc, that are involved with this change. If you deactivate your POS, all the CVC´s are eliminated, so it will be better if you backup all the data in your live cache in an backup infocube.

When you change the characteristic to an navigation attribute and also change the infocube, the data in the infocube will adjust automatically. You will have to create the CVC´s again with the new "format". But in the infocube, it won´t be necessary.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angela,

Thank you for responding. I pretty much knew the ugly truth myself and am not looking forward to the process but it must be done. I only wish I knew then what I know now about nav atts and this would have been done at the very start.

Thanks again,

Heidi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Angela,

How do you reload the data from backup cube, as both the structures are different. You should get data discrepency. Can you elaborate litte bit.

thx

Jeff