cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running the JSP Application in PDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to develop small application using 5 JSP Pages and then want to convert as Iview for the EP5.0 SP6.

I installed the following environment.

Tomcat 3.3.2, PDK 5.06.0, Eclipse 2.1.3, PDK Eclipse Plugins 5.0.6.0 as mentione in the iviewstudio.com.

I managed to install successfully. Then i started the development using the Eclipse.

This is my First Development in PDK Environment.

Then i started creating the JSP Pages.

I Created the project as SAP Portal Development Tools -> Portal Component Project.

Then i have take abstractcomponenttype and created the project.

Then i have given one main class and then one jsp page.

Now i implemented the docontent method.

now i need to test this JSP. i am not able to proceed how to test it and how to generate as .par file and test in portal.

Please suggest me, as i need to submit this in 4 days.

If iam able to know how to test with one JSP page then i will finish my application.

Please suggest me.

To run, i checked this as Java application, then it is giving me the error as main class not found.

Then i tried to Runtime Environmnet then it is giving Exception error.

I am not able to test this with any option. then i made settign in workplace.properties and also portal properties file.

Please tell me is there any wrong step i am following?

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to start Tomcat then export your project from Eclipse follow the menu File->Export->Create a portal archive->Next->Next on the last step you have to check "Deploy portal component to local portal".

If everything is ok,your page will be started automatically. Hope this can help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anucha Tangsakul

Thanks for the information. i finished the applicaiton and its working file in the EP 5.0 also.

Once Agin thanks for the help.

Best Regards

Sumanth