cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Value Help DropDown to bind the Item Text and the Item Value to the corresponding fields in the dataview.

I bring the DD in the form, click on the binding tab, click specify item values.

Then In the Binding section:

Items : I select the node required

Items Text: I select the attribute

Items Value: I select the other attribute

Is this correct?

When I deploy and run I click on the dropdown arrow but the values do not appear.

SP17 Life Cycle Designer 8.0 with patch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin for your help but its still not working for me, my drop down is still empty.

We are assuming that I did the correct steps until the binding..But I think there is a step i'm not doing properly... Would you know if there is a small application/tutorial avaible that I can take a look at?

The only way I get values in the drop down is if I create a simple type in the webdynpro dictionnary bound to an enumerated dropdownlist.

But we are trying to load data from a BAPI. Right now I'm returming a table... Is there a simple type equivalent on the BAPI side? Once loaded in the datamodel is it possible to bind it directly to the drop down?

Thanks again.

Marco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marco,

Take a look at this link. The code that I gave you for the binding was that for an HCM Process and Form scenario. This shows a little different.

[Supported Elements of the Adobe Library|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/42/fb2fe500553ee4e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

This link is specific to WD for ABAP...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

When I click on Specifiy Item Values I see 3 input fields.

-Items - Items text and Items Value. Where would i enter

$record.sap-vhlist.<field name>\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*] ?

I thought Items would be a node and Item text and value would be attributes under that node...

Do i replace <field name > by the node name?

Could you give a step by step example i think i'm missing something...

Thanks.

Good day.

Marco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marco,

Sorry, my bad... place the line of code inthe Items binding. Leave the Item Text and Item Value as is, no need to change them. And yes, replace the <field_name> with the name of the node that you are binding to the dropdown list.

As for a step by step example, hmmm... ok... this is what I do...

When I add any element to the screen, I always give it the same name as what I have defined in the backend.

Then I bind the parameter that I want to the dropdown. The initial binding on the Binding tab only represents the value that has been selected, and not the list that you want the dropdown to be populated with.

Next, I bind the same element, but using that string that I mentioned before, under the Specify Item Values, same parameter name .

That's really about it, nothing else. This is what I do when I'm working with HCM Processes and Forms.

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marco,

This is partially right, there is one more step that you have to do. The other thing that you need to do is still in the Binding tab, click on the Specifiy Item Values. If the link is not green, click on the small arrow pointing to the right and select Show Dynamic Properties.

Here you need to add the following line of code:

$record.sap-vhlist.<field_name>\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*]

where, the <field_name> is replaced by the binding that you have.

This link might help you out...

[Creating a Dropdown List Box|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/43/7a667df4ad6fc9e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Kevin