cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Org & Purchasing Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SRM4.0 Server5.0 with classic scenario.

In my PPOMA, I set up a separate org unit for each company code for one backend system. For example:

Org Unit 1 - CoCode A

Org Unit 2 - CoCode B

Org Unit 3 - CoCode C

These three company codes share one POrg and one PGroup. After I assigned the POrg X & PGroup Y to Org Unit 1 under the Function & Responsibility tabs, I can no longer assign the same POrg X & PGroup Y to Org Units 2 & 3 under the Function & Responsibility tabs. I can only do it via the attributes PM_PUR_ORG and PM_PUR_GRP.

My questions are...

Is that the right way to set up my structure?

Is there a way to separate SC's by CoCode in Sourcing Cockpit so that Admin A would only see SC's from Company A and Admin B would only see SC's from Company B, etc...?

Would it make any difference if we had different PGroups assigned to each Company?

I have a requirement where the business would like to segregate the SC's by either CoCode or PGroup so that Company A admin does not have to wade through SC's from other CoCode when working in the sourcing cockpit.

Thanks for your input,

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The standard to send SC in Sourcing 's Purchaser depends on Purchasing Group.

According to your need, what you have to do is to create three Purchasing Groups: one for each Company Code.

To do so, keep your Purchasing Org X assigned to Purchasing Group Y. Then create two others Purch Groups under Purchasing Org X.

Then, for each Purch Group, in its "Responsability" tab, assign an organizational responsability, using radio-button 'O' (for Unit): the ID of the unit must be the one of desired Company Code.

After this customizing, normaly, when a SC is created by a user in one Organizational Unit being in a level under the OU defined as a company ("Function" tab), Purchasing Group responsible will be determined automatically: SC should be sent in correct Sourcing.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Laurent, your explanation confirms my intention so at least I know I'm on the right track.

1. Create more PGroups under POrg X

2. Assign new PGroups to other CoCodes

In order to get to the Responsibility tab, which is only assigned to a PGroup, I have to designate a PGroup in the Function tab. Only then the Responsibility tab becomes available

In order to assign a PGroup, I have to assign a POrg. This is where I run into problems.

Since POrg X has already assigned to CoCode 1 (as an Org Unit), I cannot assign the same POrg X to CoCode 2 (OU 2) in the Function tab. It says POrg X in system ABC is already assigned to OU XYZ.

I hope that makes sense. Because of that I cannot assign another PGroup as I would like to.

SN

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep your Purch. Org. X created under your Company 1.

Then, create your new Purch. Groups only with Organizational Units being under Purch. Org. X.

So, when you add the Purch. Group number in "Function" tab's OU, this one is automatically linked to Purch. Org. X: you don't have to assign manually a Puch. Org. to Purch. Group you created.

Then, accordingly to "Responsabilty" tab's Purch. Group (Org. Unit ID indicated as Company 1, 2 or 3 in its "Function" tab) , SC created by users being in any Org. Units under this Company should be assigned to this Purch. Group and to correct Company Code.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a mental block. After reading your first reply, I went back to PPOMA and figured it out exactly the way you described in your second reply.

I wanted to wait until I tested it before I confirm the message, but ran into some unrelated issues. I can see a difference in the SC details as well as in SOCO.

I think this is the solution so I'll mark this post as answered.

Thanks much,

SN

Answers (0)