Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual Cell Referencing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This thread actually follows on from another, which you can find here:

I don't believe it is possible to reference specific cells in a table in the manner you have described. You can reference the cells in an individual selected row of a table by using the corresponding field/column name. However, I don't think you can reference individual cells anywhere in the table like you can with Excel spreadsheets for example.

Judging from the response quoted above, it will be possible to calculate values for Column4, if:

Column4 = Column2 + Column3.

Example 1

--

Column1
Column2
---Column3-----Column4

Row 1 -

80--

--

Row 2 -

100--

--

Row 3 -

200--

--

Row 4 -

200--

--

zzz

But it will not be possible to calculate values for Column4 , if:

Column4 = a value from another row Column1 + value from row in Column2.

Example 2

--

Column1
Column2
---Column3-----Column4

Row 1 -

80--

--

Row 2 -

100--

--

Row 3 -

200--

--

Row 4 -

200--

--

xyz

It is highly desirable to be able to reference particular cells and their values in order to be able to manipulate them a little further (as this info is not available at BI Cube level; arrives from different BI queries).

Is anyone able to confirm please?

Regards,

Chet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cell calucations using the different Row contents is not possible in VC

Govindu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chet,

Your understanding is accurate. As far as I am aware, it is not possible to achieve Example 2 because there is no way of specifiying the row reference for a table cell in a Visual Composer formula.

Since it is possible to perform cell calculations in BI, I would suggest that you try to define one BI query with all of the required information. In order to perform cell calculations in the query it must have a fixed layout, i.e. a column structure and a row structure.

Regards,

Mustafa.