cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current system configuration

PR00 = Base Price = 3.64(Commercial rounding in condition type)

Quantity in Sales Order = 50

So condiiton value = 50 * 3.64 = $182

Plus Tax = MWST (say at 10%) = 18.20

Total selling price = $200.20

But from the customer point of view they are buying 50 tickets at $4.00 each = $200,the total price is actually $200.

What we need to be able to do is enter a base price of $3.636363 so we get:

50 * $3.636363 = $181.82

Plus tax at 10% = $18.18

Total selling price = $200 and not $200.20

I checked and came to know that standard SAP allows the values upto 2 decimal places (both KWERT-Condition value and KBETR-Amount/Condition rate ).

Then how can we achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

The base price of $3.636363 of may be maintained per 1000s, instead per piece or kg whatever you maintained. So now your base price is $36363.63

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxmi.

Thank you.

But I am using PR00 condiiton type for the base value and that is a manual condiiton type in my case.

So I am not sure as to how I can use your solution?

Can you please elaborate a bit more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

I feel my suggestion still holds good and it should work even if the condition is a manual entry. Right now, I dont have access to SAP and hence unable to test it. If you have access, please test and post the feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laxmi.

In my current situation say I put value of 36363.63 per 10000 units then say tax is 10% so the total selling price comes out to be 39999.993 rounded off to 39999.99

But my quantity in sales order is 50.So what do I have to do next to attain a figure of 200 from here onwards?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope I am making sense to you laxmi.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

As already stated, since I dont have access to SAP, I have requested my colleague who is in office today to test a scenario in line with your requirement.

Following is the result of a sale order tested

Material ABC:::::::36363.63 per 1000 pc:::@ 50 pcs::::1818.18

ED @ 10%:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::181.82

ECess @ 2% on ED:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::2.42

SECess @ 1% on ED:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::1.82

TOTAL::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::2004.24

VAT @ 10%::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::200.42

GROSS VALUE:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::2204.66

For information, in sale order, PR00 36363.63 is entered manually per 1000 (not 10000 as indicated by you in above post) and successfully saved.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.That sounds interesting Laxmi.

I will definitely try your suggestion and will let you know.

Is there anything that you have ever asked on the forum?:-)..Kidding..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try as I strongly believe it should work.

As regards your kidding comment, yes I do posted two or three (not sure on this) questions in 2007 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

The decimal thing in a sales order worked.Thank a lot.

Can you please let me know how the system calculated the correct value in this case as this time it considered 3.6363 and multiplied it by 50 which is what is desired.

But I couldnt understand as to how did the system consider more than 2 decimal places while calulation of condition value?

Hope I am making some sense to you.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

See my first comment

Material ABC:::::::36363.63 per "1000 pc":::@ 50 pcs::::1818.18

In sale order, you are entering manually the unit price and sales unit which is 1000. It is a standard behaviour system will convert in the background the unit price to per piece or per kg and give the value accordingly.

To understand clearly, go to condition tab in sale order and block this manual condition type and click on blue lens at the bottom screen. Now system will show how the net value has arrived.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhmi,

How can I block the manual condition type ni a sales order?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

Not sure in what sense you mean blocking the condition type :-((

If you want to restrict specific users entering this condition type, you can take the help of your basis team who can control this. Alternatively, you can try with Transaction Variant shd0.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhmi,

Actually one of your threads had asked me to block the manual condition type in a sales order and then check the calculation.

So, I am asking the question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the material UoM you maintained in your MMR , say 1car =10pc.And you have maintained the price for pc or not check in your condition record

But if you want to increase the decimals go to OBO8 and then check

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That means You are using a Price which is inlcusive of Tax.. If this is the scenario always, then use a different pricing procedure for this purpose. RVAB01 with pricing condition type PR01.

tax condition type MWSI

If this is a one odd situation, then manipulate the condition value so that the sum of the price Plux tax results in 200 USD.

or other alternative is , create a discount condition type and insert in your pricing procedure below the tax condition type.

and give the disoucnt of 0.20 after tax. so that the customer has to pay only 200 net to you.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Srinivas.

Suppose I create a discount condition type.Then consider the following scenario.

The discount will be applicable whenever we have an excess value than expected because of rounding off.

There could be a scenario wherin we have a lower price value than expected because of rounding off.

Example

Say my actual base price is $3.632424 for 50 Units of Sales Order,so we get:

50 * $3.632424 = $181.62 = PR00

Plus tax at 10% = $18.16 = MWST

Total Actual / expected selling price = $199.78

However, my current system configuration will do the above calculation as

50 * $3.63 = 181.50

Plus tax at 10% = $18.15 = MWST

Total selling price = $199.65

In this case my system calculated value (199.65) < the expected value (199.78).So, I cant use discount condition type always.

Is there any other alternative ?