cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory-Java AS integration for ABAP+Java Dual stack Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We plan to install CRM 2007 ABAP+Java stack (dual stack).

We would be using the CRM eCommerce application which runs on the java stack. For this we would be requiring the integration of LDAP and java stack as we plan to use the eCommerce datasource from the active directory.

But we have known a very strange issue that if we have dual stack installation, ABAP+Java, then we cannot point the Java UME to Active Directory- LDAP! Is this right?

With ABAP Java stack dual installation, the java ume can only be pointed out to the local abap datasource. Is this right? We plan require the ABAP stack & would be needing the Java stack too. Is there any work around? Do I need to go for a Java Stand-along then? Or is there any way I can point the Java UME to LDAP on Dual stack installation?

Request you to kindly provide some inputs.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Warm Regards,

Rajeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We plan to install CRM 2007 ABAP+Java stack (dual stack).

I can tell you from my experience: avoid dual stack installations wherever possible because

- having to manage memory and resources for two engines running at the same time can be cumbersome

- you create a total dependency between ABAP + Java - means, if you e.g . run a portal and need to update the Java stack to a higher SP you have to also install the related ABAP SPs

- if you do release upgrades you have to run two upgrade processes in parallel since they will "wait for each other", you can´t upgrade separately

- depending on what database you use you must R3load to do system copies (no backup/restore)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hear hear

Fullly agreed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is no way out for you, once the ABAP datasource has been activated you cant go back.

However, running into this issue might have actually been good for you after all.

I recommend to install the J2EE Engine on a different host to the CRM Server since the new CRM utalizes the VMC to run the IPC, the VMC runs in the work processes, which completely blows the memory footprint of dispwork. The ones runnign the VMC easily reach 1.2 GB each, and there are usually 6 - 9 of them.

Regards,

Andi