cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping data for stock transport order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Exports,

In Stock transport scenario, client has varoius (more than one) plant locations to transport material. In this activity, how can i maintain sales area (shipping data) for plant.

Do I have option to maintain only one time so that I could not change cusotmer no. and sales area each time I process STO.

And also can anybody tell me, other than in IMG, I could also maintain entries in any of the transaction code. This is because it is customizing activity.

regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

If you are required to do multiple sales area Stock transfer then put one sales area against delivering plant in MM---> set up stock tranfer order-> define shippping data for plant, u r not required to cahge this config transaction wise just exten reciving plant customer to all sakes area u have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

any update please...

regards,

kumar

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all your qn needs clarity about your requirement

In STO the receiving plant is being made as a customer in the supplying plants sales area and the internal customer no has to be assigned in-img-mm-purchasing-purchase order-set up STO--define shipping data for plants

This is done for only one main purpose that is to determine shipping point

In SD we know that shipping point is determined from shipping conditions of sold to party( to get this shipping conditions only we are making the receiving plant as a customer that is sold to party) Loading group is already there in MMR and the delivering plant(supplying plant in case of STO)

WIth these data shipping point is determined hence delivery can be processed

If you have multiple plants acting as receiving plants for STO and each and every plant has to be made as a customer in XD01 in the supplying plants sales area

Without this STO via SD route cannot happen

Sales area 0003, 04, 21 plant is 1002

Sales area 0004, 05, 21 plant is ABCD

If you transport material from 1002 to ABCD plant then 1002 is supplying plant and ABCD is receiving plant

Now this ABCD plant should be made as a customer in XD01 mainly with shipping conditions in that data in sales area 0003, 04, 21 and this internal no has to be noted

Now in that img activity that i mentioned above against plant 1002 you have to give sales area as 0003, 04, 21

Against plant ABCD you have mention sales area as 0004, 05, 21 and also this internal customer no in that internal customer tab

then only STO can happen between these two assuming that all delivery types and other things are configured pakka

Like that all receiving plants is to be made as customers

Regards

Raja