cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP+Java - MSCS Configuration on Web AS 640

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are in the process of migrating our CRM 4.0 running Web AS 620 (ABAP+J2EE) to CRM 4.0 Web AS 640 (ABAP +J2EE) on Windows 64 bit Microsoft cluster with Oracle 10g.

I have gone thru lot of installation guides for ABAP + J2EE (640) and do not find the steps for adding J2EE Server (640) to the Cluster.

As per the various guides, I believe the following procedure is right:

1) Install CI (ABAP)

2) Install Database Instance

3) MSCS Node A Configuration

4) MSCS Node B Configuration

5) Select Java Add-in for ABAP - Oracle (SAPINST)

- SCS Installation

- Java Database Schema Installation

- Central Instance Finanlization

I am not sure about the Step 5, as I would have choosen Java System Finalization option under Java Add-in for ABAP (Oracle) in the Central System installation. If I choose Jaa System Finalization, the step 3 & 4 would be choosen after the Java System Finalisation.

Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved by myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandu,

just another question:-)

The Cluster is now working fine and i can connect by Visual Administrator. But when i connect (attach) another database in SQL Server for use with SAP, i cannot connect by visual administrator anymore.

I'm not shure whether there are any informations stored in the database which are important to the visual administrator and are different from the informations in the earlier used database.

Kind regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Sorry, don't know about SQL Server.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you had planned for Java Add-in cluster installation, i suggest first you complete the ABAP installation completely in cluster. Test the system in failover also.

Once the system is stable, plan for java addin.

Refer this SAP Note 779253 - Clustering your Java Add-In System on Windows.

Given clear information about the Java Add-In installation in windows clustering.

Hope it helps

Regards

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KT,

Thanks for the response.

Your solution confirms to my steps outlined in the thread. In fact I was going thru XI HA guides, which is based on NW04 (640) and J2ee add-in, the same steps outlined in note 786224 & 774116.

I will let you know the progress.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to update on my progress.

I noticed there are different options in SAPINST for 32 bit & 64 bit. If you adding Java add-on to ABAP on 32 bit, the said SAP note needs to be implemented as there is no "High Availability option" under Java Add-on for ABAP in 32 bit SAPINST.

However, in 64 bit there is a option for High Availability install under Java add-on for ABAP. So, I believe the steps suggested in the notes are automated in 64 bit.

I checked both the sapinst and noted the following:

32 bit:

NW04 - Java Add-in for ABAP

Oracle

- Central System

- Distributed System

64 bit:

NW04 - Java Add-in for ABAP

Oracle

- Central System

- Distributed System

- High Availability System

- SCS installation

- Java Database Schema installation

- Central Instance Finalisation

- Dialog Instance Finalisation

We are configuring cluster on 64 bit, so i believe the steps outlined in the notes are automated under 64 bit.

Please comment.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have completed the installation as per the following steps:

1) Install CI (ABAP)

2) Install Database Instance

3) MSCS Node A Configuration

4) MSCS Node B Configuration

5) Select Java Add-in for ABAP - Oracle (SAPINST)

High-Availability System

- SCS Installation

- Java Database Schema Installation

However, when we are installing Central Instance Finalisation, we are

getting following error:

The ABAP Central Instance of SAP system CRQ is installed on host

mfacrmq. You have to run the installation step J2EE Add-in for ABAP

System on the installation host of the Central Instance.

Any ideas?

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

we got just the same error with ms sql server. i hope someone can answer your question. Maybe you solved it by yourself?

Kind regards

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Reiters on Feb 13, 2009 3:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow note 779253. Though it is not for 64 bit, SAP Support confirmed that same note can be used.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response, but following the mentioned note we still got the same error message you got before.

the sapinst is always asking for the wrong node and suggests to install on the virtual sap host. we opened a call by sap an are looking forward to their solution.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

The process worked for me.

Yes, you have to install Java add-on on SAP Virtual host and database schema finalisation on Database virtual host. You have to start the SAPINST with the virtual host names.

Can you detail the steps you have done so far?

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

here are the steps:

1. Installation of SQL Server 2005 in a cluster (virtual Group for SQL)

2. Installation of the central instance on Node A (physical Node)/Abap non-unicode

3. Installation of the database instance on Node A (physical Node)/Abap non-unicode

4. Clustering of Node A

5. Clustering of Node B

So far everything is fine, the cluster with sap is running.

6. Installation of the supported SDK from sun on both nodes in the same directory.

7. copy of the profiles ending with the name of the physical node in another folder so that only the profiles dealing with the virtual host resides in the profiles folder.

8. starting of java system finalization from the netweaver master cd with the command mentioned in sapnote 779253.

9. The installation stopps with the error message: The Abap Central Instance of SAP System XXX is installed on host xxx (that is the virtual host). You have to run the installation step J2EE Add-in ... on the installation host of the central instance.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My installation was on Oracle and it worked.

Do you have options for Distributed System in the SAPINST or options for High Availability?

In the high availability tab in the SAPINST, you can first install SCS instance and then CI finalisation by starting SAPINST from the command prompt using ABAP virtual host.

I really had terrible time with SAP Support in resolving the issue. At the end, I resolved the issue by myself, by trying various steps.

One more thing, I had to delete SCS & DB Schema for Java before started the process.

Would interested with the solution.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have performed an scs installation with the high availability part on the netweaver master. After installation it is running as an instance on the physical not the virtual node. By starting the java system finalization i get the same error as before. Curious. I am performing all the steps on Node A.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something really wrong here.

I believe you started SCS installation at the command prompt with SAP VIRTUAL NODE and also specified SAP virtual node during the install.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely right! I missed the point that i have to perform the installation of the scs just from the command line. Before i started with this procedure after the installation of scs.

So following your advice everything worked fine.

Thank you very much - this was very helpful!

Kind regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any comments on this?

Regards

Chandu