cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements to install SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I bought a new HP laptop of 320 GB Hard drive, 3 GB Ram, with processor speed 2.0 G hzs speed as vista as the default OS.

1. Could u please tell me what the operating syatem is needed to install SAP ECC 6.0 in the laptop.

2. Is the above config is sufficient for it?

3. What the cost in the market (in Chennai) for installation of ECC 6.0?

Thanks & Regards,

Rudra Prakash. S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jeethendiran_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have got HP laptop with 640GB HD,4GB RAM & i5 processor.I want to know whether i install a trail version of SAP software.I want to work on MM module for quite some time.

Also pl let me if there is a open source for SAP software ....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i have got HP laptop with 640GB HD,4GB RAM & i5 processor.I want to know whether i install a trail version of SAP software.I want to work on MM module for quite some time.

This (same) question has been asked

and

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi,

apart from what Markus replied I'd like to mention two things:

First, please open a new thread if you have a new question.

Second, open your thread in an appropriate forum. This one is only dealing with IBM i and it's keywords like AS/400, iSeries, system i, i5/OS,... The latter one is an operating system name, not a processor name.

Kind regards,

Thomas

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi.

> I bought a new HP laptop of 320 GB Hard drive, 3 GB Ram, with processor speed 2.0 G hzs speed as vista as the default OS.

>

> 1. Could u please tell me what the operating syatem is needed to install SAP ECC 6.0 in the laptop.

SAP ECC 6.0 runs on various kinds of operating systems. Details can be found in the [product availability matrix|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dbos?rid=/webcontent/uuid/5001cf95-39fe-2a10-5fb3-e321bdd6697f] [original link is broken];. This forum is dealing with SAP on the operating system (and the database) IBM i only so I will assume that you are intersted in that operating system.

> 2. Is the above config is sufficient for it?

No. The operating system IBM i is only running on POWER processors built by IBM. I'm not aware of any laptop with this processor.

> 3. What the cost in the market (in Chennai) for installation of ECC 6.0?

Please be aware that you need a valid license to use SAP software. If you are just interested in getting touch with SAP's technology and don't want to use the software in a productive environment there are free trial versions. Please check out the [relevant forum|;.

But as you work in quite a big company you just should ask your internal IT colleagues which of your company's systems you can use for tests.

Best regards,

Jan Stallkamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you